AMD Phenom II X6

PurSuiT

Phenom II X6 AM3

There is a clear trend towards increase of the number of cores inside central processing units (CPUs), just five years ago a dual-core chip was a dream, whereas now we are approaching six-core microprocessors.

The new AMD Phenom II X6 “Thuban” processors will be compatible with AM3 and AM2+ platforms So possible no need to upgrade anything other then the CPU.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/2...Technology.html

• 3 weeks later...

i have so far seen less than impressive reviews on this chip. I do hope that some day I can upgrade my Athlon II for a black edition Phenom with six+ cores, but Honestly I don't know if it would be worth it over getting an 58XX type of video card upgrade.

• 1 month later...

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor $309.99 Free Shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103849

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/13712-new-am...o-4ghz-on-air-/

Being a Black Edition processor with an unlocked processor, the 3.2GHz Phenom II X6 1090T turned out to be a good overclocker, hitting 4.165 GHz on all six of those lovely cores, just using air cooling

i have so far seen less than impressive reviews on this chip. I do hope that some day I can upgrade my Athlon II for a black edition Phenom with six+ cores, but Honestly I don't know if it would be worth it over getting an 58XX type of video card upgrade.

Either way, based on your previous posts, that your wife would so kick your ass!! :)

Researching a build now. And oddly enough ole Toms Hardware says the i5 750's are the best chip right now. Almost as good as the i7's for gaming, and with a little OC they are just shy of being as fast as the $1000 chip. Like wow ! Is there even remotely a need for 6 cores atm ?

Researching a build now. And oddly enough ole Toms Hardware says the i5 750's are the best chip right now. Almost as good as the i7's for gaming, and with a little OC they are just shy of being as fast as the $1000 chip. Like wow ! Is there even remotely a need for 6 cores atm ?

6 cores at 4Ghz = BOINC and WCG goodness! :)

Either way, based on your previous posts, that your wife would so kick your ass!! B)

So true! :)