Hard Drive Cooling

B.Ob.

BBspot Labs: Hard Drive Cooling

"Increasing air circulation around your hard drive is the best way to remove the heat. However, most of us do not have the lung power to blow on our hard drive for long periods of time. Cooling fans are another option but can be loud and expensive.

A cheaper and quieter solution solution would be to completely immerse the hard drive in water. Sometimes, however, a hard drive can run so hot that it will quickly evaporate the water. In these situations, we recommend freezing the hard drive in a block of ice."

I though that was one of your suggestions when you were haveing trouble with that crappy MSI board.....you know, the one where you created problems I'd nave heard of before? :bonk:

Looks like you got your new system running without a hitch. I must have taught you pretty good. :snore:

Looks like you got your new system running without a hitch. I must have taught you pretty good.  <<-- Wargasm

Yeah, I tend to learn from mistakes & very rarely repeat the same one twice.

So, what's new & exciting w/ U?? U missed the last lan party, which was a total BLAST, & haven't been on the forum for like a month or so now. I was starting to thinking that your mind had finally slipped into the "twilight zone" on a permanent basis & we weren't going to hear from U again. :flush:

Are we to expect your presence @ the lan party on 5/22??

-- Nem B)

i tried that freezing trick but now my harddrive won't boot. is there a trick or something to it?

Yeah, you're supposed to have the PC frozen as well & be standing in a tub of non-frozen water when turning things on. That tends to kick-start everything off rather well. :evil:

-- Nem

Yea, I'll try to make the next Lan. Still havent found a job, but Client Logic is hiring. Anyone know if Fred Krug is still there? B)

Yeah, I tend to learn from mistakes & very rarely repeat the same one twice.

Yea, I do....hopefully it rubbed off on you. :evil:

It allows you the time to freeze your hdd....among other things.

Besides, I was just answering a question. :bonk:

Maybe I'll even hook up the HDD cooler thats been in the case for 3 months unplugged :lol:

Gee, and here I thought that U were simply just being LAZY the whole time w/ not having a job yet :rotfl:

-- Nem :P