Hey folks... been a while since I've been around the forums.

Anyway, I've been interested in ArmA II since seeing the trailer a long while back, and the release is now just around the corner. (It goes live on Steam, tomorrow at 8pm) While the game looks uber-complicated, and I'm perfectly content with wasting most my time in COD4/5 at the moment, I figured what the hell - why not insert another brain drain?

Any WNY gamers out there looking at ArmA II as well? Another club I'm in, OTC, has some interest growing. I'm likely to configure our server in the next couple weeks with an instance of ArmA, depending on the resource requirements versus all the other crap we already have running. For those who haven't seen anything on this game, the default world (the fictional land of Chernarus) is 250 sq. km. and supports 64-128+ players. With that and various AI components, it sounds like the dedicated server could be a hog... so who knows - might just have to find some other clan/guild/club who's running a solid server.

Eitherway, if anyone else is going to be playing, maybe we could setup some co-op missions or whatnot.

Cheers,

KFC

• 1 month later...

I'm half interested in this game... you have to do a whole bunch of stuff to just get to the place where the fight is and then boom your dead and have to do it all over again... it's not COD4 or BF2... it's more like project reality, w/ a lot of aimless running around and spinning on your thumb.