I dropped my service from 15/2 to 10/1

446030837.png.

Now that TWC is going to start capping; I have to watch my bandwidth. I'm at 3.2G for the month so far with no extra downloading (just 1 TF2 map).

Bandwidth tiers are 5, 10, 20, 40.

About another 600MB from surfin and playing TF2 for 3 hours. I'm going to have to get another provider as I have 5 devices connected. I'm guessing will exceed 60GB with normal usage (no downloading).

"The tiered pricing models are just trials at this point and customers won't be immediately billed or impacted. Instead, Time Warner will provide two months of data usage and then a one-month grace period in which overages will be noted on customers' bills, but they won't be charged. That model, Hobbs said, gives customers a chance to access their usage and pick the right service package before charges are applied. "

"Initial trials will start in August in Rochester, N.Y., and Greensborough, N.C. Further trials will launch in San Antonio and Austin, Texas, in October. "

Time Warner (Slime Warmer) can eat a mile of my hot summers shit if they think I'll continue service with them if they start cappin'!! Like Danno said, I mights has to get Fios...

:groupwavereversed: :) :groupwavereversed:

They cant get away with capping in my area I can any number of ISPs verizon, TW,Dish,Earthlink DSL and Im pretty sure there is more available So if they do start capping Ill switch no problem hell Id like to see them try to start capping here most my neighbors already have switched to FIOS are they trying to drive away customers

Time Warner Cable took a step back today from its plans to expand testing of a new Internet billing plan that would charge consumers based on the amount of bandwidth they use.

Pay-per-Gigabyte Internet pricing isn’t a sure thing yet.

After weeks of customer complaints and despite the company’s efforts to justify a new pricing strategy, the country’s second largest cable company backed away from its timetable to test what it calls Consumption based Billing in Austin, TX, San Antonio, TX, Rochester, NY and Greensboro, NC the company announced today.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/04/16/...-pricing-tests/

Yay!

Edited by Gungen

:)

Mainly due also to the large numbers of protesters in Rochester I bet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10221470-94.html

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) announced Time Warner's change of heart during a rally in Rochester, N.Y.

Massa, who represents Rochester, was an early opponent of the plan and has promised to introduce legislation that he has said would protect consumers against companies introducing tiered services, such Time Warner's proposed billing plan.