Nvidia Revenues Could Fall By 50%

PurSuiT

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2338922,00.asp

"Graphics maker Nvidia Corp. said fourth-quarter revenue will decline by up to 50 percent sequentially, due to weakness in end-user demand."

Typical nVidia, blame your end-users and not the fact that your products have not kept up for the last year or the fact that you promised Intel to develop drivers for the x38 and x48 chipsets, then gave them the FU right at the last minute.

The x38, x48 and x58 can do both ATi Crossfire and nVidia SLi (that was the promise) but nVidia flat out refuses to develop drivers.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090...venue-drop.html

Recall that Ion is NVIDIA's name for a platform that combines Intel's Atom with NVIDIA's mobile GPU. Shortly after NVIDIA announced the platform, rumors surfaced that Intel had moved to stop it from coming to market. Intel denied the rumors, responding that anyone can buy Atom as a stand-alone part and bundle it with whatever.

You fight with the best to might go down like the rest.

I only see nVidia going further down the tubes if they keep fighting with intel, and as they have no answer to Intel Nehalem or AMD Fusion at the moment that I know of!

Over the years I have switched back and forth from being an ATI fan to a Nvidia fan, etc. With that said, the last ATI card I used that had no problems was the 9800 series cards, which were great cards for a long time. However, ATI's drivers have always been suspect, to say the least. Nvidia's drivers have usually been more stable and they provide easier to use driver packs for entire series of their cards. Since then, I have used only Nvidia cards, mainly due to their great drivers and as far as my experience, no problems with the actual cards themselves.

Hopefully whatever tiff they have with Intel can be resolved.