Left 4 Dead Server

PurSuiT

Recently I have been configuring and testing a L4D server. All you have to do to access this server is be a member of the WNY Gamers Club Steam Community Group and it should appear in on the main menu in the lower right side of the screen. Please support our group and let me know of any issues.

I also currently have running a DoD:S and TF2 servers, shortly I will be putting up a link for donations to see if we can get increased player slots, bandwidth and possible more of variety of servers running.

• 2 weeks later...
Officially signed up. Can't wait to play some L4D, I've been playing it non-stop since it came out. Pursuit, how's the server creation going now that you have the cvar list?

That list should be a big help, have had a server up and running for a little over 2 weeks now. Valve needs to do some work/patching as funky things. Like the fact that you can not force Vs. mod on a public server ppl, if it is public and someone requests a 4 person co-op my Vs. Server switches to cop-op and then does not put it back after the round. Crazy annoying.

That list should be a big help, have had a server up and running for a little over 2 weeks now. Valve needs to do some work/patching as funky things. Like the fact that you can not force Vs. mod on a public server ppl, if it is public and someone requests a 4 person co-op my Vs. Server switches to cop-op and then does not put it back after the round. Crazy annoying.

One of the suggestions I saw on the left4dead411.com forums is to actually remove the map files from the server, so that it can not even open the co-op maps. I do think more options need to be available for servers. I'm also not entirely liking the lack of a server browser, it smells of consoleitus.

Left 4 Dead patch today, you can view the entire patch notes at http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56767

Highlights include....

Versus Changes

* Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players.

* Changed color of infected player name in chat to red.

* Fixed exploit where players could spawn infected bots

* Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots.

* Normalized special infected melee damage.

* Made the following client commands cheat protected: "Kill" and "explode".

* Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health.

* Players can only change teams once per map.

* Players can't change teams while other players are still loading.

* Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode.

* Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route.

* Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch.

* Fixed team swap issue.

Tank

* Bashable objects now appear with a red glow.

* Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently.

* Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists.

* Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks.

Witch

* Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams.

* Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank.

* Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors.

One of the suggestions I saw on the left4dead411.com forums is to actually remove the map files from the server, so that it can not even open the co-op maps. I do think more options need to be available for servers. I'm also not entirely liking the lack of a server browser, it smells of consoleitus.

I moved the maps out of the folder, seems to help alittle but ppl still join for a co-op game and then disco as the map is not there leaving the server as 4 player Vs.Still looking into it to see what can be done.

• 5 weeks later...

The $25 sale was only a weekend thing too, plus there is more free DLC stuff coming in the spring for it so i doubt it will go down anytime soon.

In other news, some nice fellow made a cool autoexec script that can be found here for your client to give it a few nice changes to your default game.