NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

PurSuiT

The GeForce GTX 295 is coming, but with a bit less bang than NVIDIA had probably hoped for. It has a performance advantage in FarCry 2 but loses that performance advantage in Fallout 3, a game we know a lot of people are playing this holiday season. Albeit the GTX 295 does not suffer some of the graphical bugs that plague the 4870 X2 in Fallout 3 that give the true gaming advantage to the GTX 295. While it may not have won the performance crown in every game here today, it did manage to match the Radeon HD 4870 X2 for the highest playable in-game settings in each game we tested.

NVIDIA has definitely made this a worthy competitor to the Radeon HD 4870 X2. But in no way is this a “4870 X2 killer.” From our narrow look here today with what is likely to be an immature driver set, the GTX 295 is matching the 4870 X2 in gameplay. Maybe it will best it in a month, but I would not bet on it.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

That is probably why the GTX 260s are down to $160 now. People have no excuse to have good frames in most games now for under $200.

I have my TF2/COD settings cranked @ 1600 with no lag ever, usually have well over 100fps.