Want to host a LAN?

We are looking for members of the forums that might want to host one of the monthly LANs (8 to 16 ppl on avg)! We can supply some tables, chairs, switches, power cords and LAN cables. Post in this thread, PM myself or PM one of the other Admins if interested make sure to include the 2nd Saturday of the month in 2009 you would like to host.

thx

I need to do a little organizing left over from the move, but will tenatively offer to host some LAN's. I have a spacious area to stretch it all out in in my dungeon. As the matter of fact I can actually offer people the use of at least 3 modest computer systems for gaming, just bring your own mouse and keyboard.

Currently in my stock pile are 2 6' tables and a 5' table. Not really much for chairs. Looking at some generous space between people I could easily setup for 18-20 people which includes good elbow room. We have a big couch in the baesment and a big screen for kicking back and chilling out. So all in all would make an excellent LAN setup.

The only stipulations are that I have 2 very young children (youngest is 2), and myself and my wife are adamant non smokers. So essentially no smoking in the house at all, but there is the possibility of going outside and a can to dispose of it in. Late night loud noise, say past 10 / 11 pm might be an issue. So if we kicked things off a touch earlier and wrapped up by 11'ish for a large group that would be fine. Or say anyone who stays past 10 just dont go screaming and stomping around. But usually at the LAN's ive been to with you guys everyones pretty cool and tame so I dont see it as an issue just wanted to put it up front there. As long as people arent rowdy we can play on as long as we want. Ive wrapped up many a LAN in the 4-6 a.m. range in the past, lol.

I still have a couple hundred feet of line to that i could ceiling run cables to clean up the setup. I'd of course take up the offer for you guys to bring in the switches and the extra tables and chairs.

Location we're just up Niagara Falls Blvd, so very close to where the LAN's have been run in the past here. Not really all that far away from tecboy.

PM, AIM (BBGameWTH), or reply, whatever is easiest and we can work out more details.

Edited by WarSpartan

pursuit i messaged you on xfire, so whenever you can get back to me, thats cool

Hey, I might like to try and host one of these as well!!! LOL!

But seriously, if no one wants to host decembers then I can do it! Lapres and I were doing some wiring on Saturday and I hope to get it done soon.

Dapoets, I know you mentioned about hosting December if you still do then let us know otherwise I think it might be up to me? Unless Henry wanted to? (if not I'll understand)

Sorry guys, I got laid off and I'm spending time on the job hunt. My last day is Dec 1st. I'm getting a severance package and all, but the lady would be completly pissed off if I host a gaming event right now.

P-Wiped? That sucks though, this time of the year is crap for finging a new job, but I would think if you are getting a severance package you will be maxing out your unemp, so no better time to take a couple months off and enjoy life, can go sking soon or take a trip or host a LAN! :P muhahaha

Has she asked you to sell off the S2000 yet? B)

looks like it is all you Jeff for December.

Sorry guys, I got laid off and I'm spending time on the job hunt. My last day is Dec 1st. I'm getting a severance package and all, but the lady would be completly pissed off if I host a gaming event right now.

P-Wiped? That sucks though, this time of the year is crap for finging a new job, but I would think if you are getting a severance package you will be maxing out your unemp, so no better time to take a couple months off and enjoy life, can go sking soon or take a trip or host a LAN! :P muhahaha

Has she asked you to sell off the S2000 yet? B)

looks like it is all you Jeff for December.

I'll post it when I get home... Hopefully I'll have the wiring done! (it's half done now!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, been along time, but im working pretty hard with things lately. I setup my new place with 16 possible chairs for people to come over for the xbox 360 lan party, I almost have 16 working xbox 360's so nobody has to bring anything except the game and a controller. Im working on upgrading them tube tv's to flat screens all winter. Probably saturday night gaming during the cold weather. Going to have to reserve your seats and stuff on my website. But i would like to join your guys next year(spring time) and setup at the hall again. Just throwing the info out there for you guys and hope all is going well with your lan parties

~yz4lifegaming~

robbie schmitt