WarHammer Online September 18th

DaPoets

I would like to know who plans on playing WarHammer Online when it comes out September 18th. My Online group called EXCEED will be hitting this game pretty hard and will be on Ventrillo pretty late that night and most of that weekend getting used to the game and such.

If you are playing, post here and also let me know if you want the Ventrillo Server information to join up w/ us. Games like this are always more fun to play when you are with others not only in game but also on Ventrillo.

If you already are in a guild planning on playing WAR, then we should try to cordinate what servers everyone is on so that we can potentially play WAR Hammer Online together at LAN Events and perhaps make a particular server a recomended server from WNY Gamers.

This is going to be a big game... 900,000 people are signed up for the BETA and you compare that to World of Warcraft that grew to 10,000,000 subscribers, this game is on pace to blow WoW out of the water.

My group is going Destruction by the way but being on the same server is the most important thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll pick a sever for us a few days after it goes live. Want everyone to be on a server that will be a 2nd or 3rd line to go live so that there won't be any que to get ingame over the next few months and those historically tend to be the more stable servers as they learn from the kinks found in the 1st line up. Just play for a day or 2 on some random server then roll your main toon on the official server that we go live on. The additional benifit to this is that you get to get used to the game and some different characters before you start from scratch and at the same time as everyone else on a new line server. Questing will be easier as it will be lower pop initially too. Nothing worse than questing in an area trying to do the same thing as everyone else but waiting for things to respawn because they get killed right away.

So have patience, and you will be on a great server.

There's 5 of us that are definitely in, and planning on Destruction as well. Now we just need to figure out a server...

You need 6 to form a guild so we will probably just blend in with my online guild EXCEED and use that Ventrillo server as well. EXCEED has about 15 people that will be playing over time and about 8 or 9 that will be playing right away. I suggest going to www.exceedgamers.org and register there now so you can start to get to know some of the people there. This will be kinda cool to do a realm vs realm w/ the 5 of us during a LAN event for a little while!! My main will be a Disciple of Khaine.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone played around in the beta yet? I've only logged about 6 hours, and found/logged 12 bugs, but the game seems pretty nice so far. Lots of eye candy, and a LOT of quests. RvR quests are pretty sweet, though I don't like the fact that you can start doing them at level 2 and keep going until level 20...

Has anyone played around in the beta yet? I've only logged about 6 hours, and found/logged 12 bugs, but the game seems pretty nice so far. Lots of eye candy, and a LOT of quests. RvR quests are pretty sweet, though I don't like the fact that you can start doing them at level 2 and keep going until level 20...

I mean that as you're running around in there at level 2 or 3, there are level 15+ in there as well, ganking all of the lower level toons.

That isn't possible on the core servers, as I was lvl 15 and could not do lowbie pvp because I got turned into a chicken. There is no "ganking" in war based on how they have the game and in the RvR areas people are all made the same level.