OverClock'in guide

B.Ob.

Nem are you just married to cover up the fact that you like talking about naked dudes and your own a$$? Sick bastards!

Pursuit, far be it from me to point out the "obvious" BUT you are the one who started this whole "a$$" thing to begin with. If anything, WE should be worried about your "fleshly" desires, especially when @ a lan party mostly populated by guys.

I feel sorry for ParoxysM since that poor guy has to work w/ U. At least he has the benefit of being @ the other end of the room from you :D

-- Nem :D

Correction: I stated that you upgraded you over sized paper weight and the you brought up your a$$.

I didn't release until just now that Nem upgraded his over sized paper wieght. :P

Over-sized paperweight my a$$!!!

:D

-- Nem

:dork:

Pursuit my friend, U are in need of some of my special "Flak Cannon" help that I was "graciously" passing around during the lan party. Let me know when it's a good time for U :rotfl:

Pursuit ==>> :flush:

-- Nem :evil:

• 1 month later...

My AMD XP 2500 is OC'd to 2.3 Ghz @ 208 FSB. Runs like a dream w/ my Zalmans Heatsink/Fan. Idles @ 40 Degrees and gets to 48-50 w/ Prime95. Of course I have the Artic Silver and 2 fans funnelling cold air right onto it. I will be changing ratio's on my memory next... any suggestions? BTW, I have 2X 256 MB's Dual Channel GEIL sticks w/ Nvidia Chipset on EPOX Mobo.

My 2.8Ghz P4 laptop on the otherhand is a lil more difficult to tweek though. I have the Omega Drivers and a tweek to ignore it's speedstepping, but that's about it. ATI is in denial about my 64 MB vid on this thing and avoids its existance.

well i got a amd 3000xp banton core, i havent really put my hand into overclocking as of yet and by latest runnings my gefarce 4 is going cause i think it ate my 17 inch monator, my new one is starting to do the same thing ( a minor popping sound, and rezloution to 800x600, but the desktop is still 1024 x 768 ;) ) any one know a good card for about 150$ i was thinking ati 9600 ex, xl, any extra letters/numbers to say it kicks more a$$

looking to get it to about 2.4 ghz from 2.1 ghz

You should look at Pricewatch

The 256meg 9600pro is listed at $95 including shipping, but you might want the 128meg 9800se instead for $128.

Pricewatch

Lately the prices there beat show prices by up to 20%. Most distributors are looking for CC's, but a growing number of them now accept paypal. Prices are now listed in order of total cost including shipping, and all products are New, in box...unless you go to their used section. Deffinately worth a look. All items I've purchased thru them work great.

Radeon 9600XT 128 - $146

Radeon 9600XT 256 - $158

Conan4Life, if you can swing it, you get SOOOO MUCH more power with a 9800 PRO

9600 PRO:

4 pipes

128-bit path to memory

9800 PRO:

8 pipes

256-bit path to memory

If they were clocked the same (which they won't be), you get twice as much pixel pushing power and twice the bandwidth to local memory!!

noted, thanks guys just wanted to buy a next gen card but so far no problem since changeing out the power cable guess that "- c" :doh: on the power cable means something afterall, back to saveing for the nivida 6900 whenever that comes out if a 6800 would ever

----notes----

counterstrike (ogl 32bit)-- no problems

max payne 2 (d3d 32bit)-- no problems

max payne 1 delux fung fu ed. 3.0 (d3d 32bit)-- no problem

x-com 1 (dos vga 8 bit maybe 16 bit color)-- no problems

minor web surfing to yahoo.com, www.homestarrunner.com (32bit windows)-- no problems may test java applett tonignt

and a good question anyone else hveing a problem running the theif 3 demo??