August LAN Party

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone in this thread that said they are coming so far shows, it is up to 13 (the includes ppl wanting to bring a friends) so we will still have room for 1 more, should be all good. If all else some one will be on a card table.

Hope you guys had a good time. Sounds like Techboy had a full house.

My brother's bachelor party was good. Made some good cash. Drank, saw boobies, played cards, bowled, etc... If you guys are ever wondering what happened to one of your close friends from high school, check your nearest strip club, you just might find her there, as was my case last night.

Hope to start making lans starting next month. B)

Dragon

It was a lot of fun! I got there at like 9pm though and I still had a good time and stayed till about 2am. We played GRID most of the time, and I helped diagnose and fix a PC crash issue which lifted spirts :-)

I'm getting my house together a bit more and since I have a full basement that is mostly finished we may be able to have a lan event at my house sometime soon.

I definitely had a good time, I'm glad I was able to make it this time around. Between Titan Quest Immortal Throne & TF2, not to mention the PS3, I was quite occupied. Now if only the weather had been more cooperatitve, I would've been more inclined to throw some peeps into the pool & jumped in myself B)

DaPoets, it was good to see U there, even if it was only from 9pm - 2am. I'm up for a lan @ your place when you're ready. I would offer to host myself if I had the room, but I don't.

CyberG0d, bout time U showed up. Just remember that next lan you are to bring a PC that isn't having issues NOR is going to have any issues!! :harhar:

I'm all ready for the Sept LAN now.

-- Nem

It was a lot of fun! I got there at like 9pm though and I still had a good time and stayed till about 2am. We played GRID most of the time, and I helped diagnose and fix a PC crash issue which lifted spirts :-)

I'm getting my house together a bit more and since I have a full basement that is mostly finished we may be able to have a lan event at my house sometime soon.

Yeah CyberGod, not many people can have a computer that works better with 1stick of ram (1gb) compared to 4 gigs lol... But I'm glad we got you got up and running because racing against you in GRID was lots of fun.

When I got home I pluged my PC into my 48inch widescreen HDTV via DVI to play GRID in Surround Sound, and I'm sorry to say that there was about a 1 second delay from when I would use my keyboard to turn and it actually happening in game... I'm wondering if my TV is too old to quickly process the digital signal for gaming. If this is the case, I'm going to put the breaks on my WAR Machine because this was the entire point of this machine, to use it on this big HDTV... I'm going to try it with S-Video next, then perhaps a converter box for DVI to Component/composit video (not sure which one is the 3 plug for videos...) If none of these work well (high resolution and quick response time) then my WARMachine is going to die and I'll stick w/ the upgrades that I have and move my hardware into my Antec 1200 case that is collecting dust in my closet right now.

Lol, I went home and connected mine upto my LCD TV too for the first time to play some GRID. The video was fine, but I couldn't get the optical audio to work with my receiver, so I just used my headphones with my daughter's G-Flex gaming chair. I only played a few courses as my carpal was killing me trying to play on my lap.