October's LAN Party Extravaganza

We got an even 40 ppl signed up so far and with less then a week to go here is the game run down.

PC top 10 (Top 3 will be played for sure)

#1 - TF2 (22 Votes)

#2 – Call of Duty 4 (17 Votes)

#3 - UT3 (9 Votes)

#4 - Crysis (7 Votes)

#5 - GRID (6 Votes)

#6 - Counter Strike Source (5 Votes)

#7 - Company of Hero's (4 Votes)

#8 - Battlefield 2 (3 Votes)

#9 - Supreme commander (2 Votes)

#10 - HalfLife 2 DM (2 Votes)

Console Top 3

#1 - Call of Duty 4 (9 Votes)

#2 - Halo3 (7 Votes)

#3 - Army of 2 (5 Votes)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a few people coming, but they didnt sign up...probably just pay at the door.

I will be there. Thinkming about buying a couple games before hand too. Don't hve Crysis yet might get CoD4 or BioShock for the other. Anyone play football or hockey for the PC.

We are playing COD4 for sure (you will rank up fast), hopefully crysis too...it's been awhile.

Yeah, when I saw the top requests post, I figured I should brush up on CoD4.

Only played it a few days several months ago, while addicted to TF2. Think I only got up to rank 9 or so that time.

I'll be dying on 65.99.193.98:28960 Over 30 Club [HC/Mix], after reading to the little ones this evening - and tomorrow too I imagine... if anyone would like to stop in and kill me :P

I also have Crysis... another casualty of TF2. Played down to the first encounter on the beach, never went any further.

Will have to remember that disc for Saturday.

Was contemplating grabbing UT3 too... its only $20 on Steam.

Question: I see there will be beer for sale. Any fine single malts? Or is that a BYO type of thing (is that allowed)?

[otc] KungFooChef

We are playing COD4 for sure (you will rank up fast), hopefully crysis too...it's been awhile.

Yeah, when I saw the top requests post, I figured I should brush up on CoD4.

Only played it a few days several months ago, while addicted to TF2. Think I only got up to rank 9 or so that time.

I'll be dying on 65.99.193.98:28960 Over 30 Club [HC/Mix], after reading to the little ones this evening - and tomorrow too I imagine... if anyone would like to stop in and kill me :P

I also have Crysis... another casualty of TF2. Played down to the first encounter on the beach, never went any further.

Will have to remember that disc for Saturday.

Was contemplating grabbing UT3 too... its only $20 on Steam.

Question: I see there will be beer for sale. Any fine single malts? Or is that a BYO type of thing (is that allowed)?

[otc] KungFooChef

Crysis I think will be a must play game this time, last LAN at tecboys we played CoD4 (3 times through the full stock map rotation) until I was almost was fully ranked and UT3 was played quit a bit too (would hold of on buying it though), same with GRID.

Hope everyone that came out had a good time. Gald to see some new faces and old ones. Hoping January's LAN will turn out the same! :P

I got to played some CoD4 and TF2, but I saw a few other games played as well (crysis and a few others). We never got to UT3 or GRID, which both would have been fun, maybe next time, Anyways hope to see some of you in Januray of 2009 or even at one of the hosue LANs before then.

-peace

Hey folks. Was nice to meet a few of ya on saturday.

Being my first LP, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a bit surprised to see many people dinking around on YouTube, trying to snarf files, or whatever and not really gaming (except for those Xbox guys in the back who's eyes musta been bleeding at the end). The CoD4 gaming early on was the highlight (for me), but then poof... server dropped and fragging was pretty light the rest of the day. Not knowing how things worked at these LPs, I pretty much kept to myself. Next time, I'd probably be more active trying to recruit folks into a LAN game.

I thought the setup for the TF2 tourney teams was fair. Luck of the draw is fine by me. It would have been nice to of had Voice enabled on the server though. No voice comm made it impossible to coordinate with team members.

Thanks to Pursuit and everyone else involved in the setup. Hopefully I'll make it back to another.

KFC

Was good to put a face with the name. Being that I was running around (between getting setup and then getting the food and drinks) I did not get to play much.

I should have switched up teams and let them play the other team, just to give everyone more time to get warmed up and into the game, was just afraid we would run out of time, the staff likes to get home before 2am. :P For the January event I think we will doing another Tournament of TF2 the same way (random draw), but start it earlier and just for fun, also get it to last more rounds and allow for enough time for each teams to play each other once.

This was the first tournament I have planned from start to finish, live and learn! Next time will be bettter!

When I mentioned wanting to go to the LAN event to the lady, she just looked at me and I quickly said "oh never mind, nothing at all" We spent every minute of the entire weekend together... Ellicottville for the Oktoberfest was on the agenda for Saturday. And yesterday we watched nearly the whole series of the HBO Band of Brothers as I have the 6 dvd Tin Box Set.

When I mentioned wanting to go to the LAN event to the lady, she just looked at me and I quickly said "oh never mind, nothing at all"

I made sure my wife knew years before we got married about LANs and set the prerequisite then. So she takes the dogs and goes over to hang with her parents on LAN weekends (from Fri - Sun) and a lot of times takes her grandmother out for breakfast on those Saturday mornings. I start packing at about 9pm Friday and get done about midnight. Wake up at 8:30am to pack the truck, on the road by 10ish. Then we all get done and have the hall all cleaned up at the end, when Jay, Dan, Jeff and a few others of us leave at about 1:30am. Get home at 2 to 2:30am unpack just the computers from the truck and anything else that might get cold or wet. Wake up Sunday and unpack everything before she gets home so she has inet access and the Vonage is working.

That reminds me, THANKS TECBOY (aka Jeff) for bringing your cable modem over. I Hope it was not too much of a pain in the ass, but that was a crazy LAN Saver. They must have my modem messed up as when I got home I just figured I would try it once more and it sync’d right up. Think I might just buy a Surfboard and be done with it.

Back to the prerequisite, got off course, just saying you need to start it early. :P