October's LAN Party Extravaganza

TF2 Tournament change to try and make it fair for all.

http://www.lanpartyextravaganza.com/tournaments.php

This Tournament requires that you be prepaid for LPE v11 no later then 10/09/08. This also requires that you have the $5 tournament entry fee and be signed in for the tournament before 2:00pm (Tournament will start at 3:00pm fee will be collected at signup) the day of the event. This tournament will be a 5 vs 5 tournament (stock maps) with each player paying a $5 entrance fee and the total pot going to the winning team. Now for the twist, if you do not have a 5 person team it will not an issue as teams will be chosen randomly via ticket drawing after the first round (to make it fair to all). If you do have a team you will have first round advantage to move on! This tournament is open to all that attend including staff (they still have to pay the $5 and still have a chance to win) and will be run on two fully dedicated servers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I overheard some dudes talking about Steam on my softball team last week, lol. Come to find out they play TF2, CS:S and DOD:S. I asked them to sign up...hopefully they are as good at TF2 as they are crushing the softball :poster_stupid:

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about coming to one of these, compared to some machines listed...mine may not be worthy of trying to run this stuff on. I play TF2, and also don't have a pc team (believe it or not i play on 360 mainly >_<). I play Guildwars competatively, but no one in WNY seems to feel the same way about that game :P I'm decent at Crysis and CoD4, but not competative. I do love Starcraft if anyone is down for that too.

Can I show up day of, if I can get time... and still expect a spot availible? Or does this thing usually fill up quick?

I was thinking about coming to one of these, compared to some machines listed...mine may not be worthy of trying to run this stuff on. I play TF2, and also don't have a pc team (believe it or not i play on 360 mainly >_<). I play Guildwars competatively, but no one in WNY seems to feel the same way about that game :P I'm decent at Crysis and CoD4, but not competative. I do love Starcraft if anyone is down for that too.

Can I show up day of, if I can get time... and still expect a spot availible? Or does this thing usually fill up quick?

We are only having a TF2 tournament (Teams not required, can par up with someone at the event), not sure if YZ is bringing all of his 360's this time and doing a tournament or not, other then that it is pretty much open play (suggest a game and I bet some will play it, I am down for Crysis or CoD4), chk out other ppls systems and eat, very laid back. We can handle 70+ at the hall and have only gotten near 60 before so in the last 4 years we have yet to sell it out, so there is always room for 1 more.