My new bits...

Buckett

So, I've been running on some of PurSuiT's old gear for quite some time now (so-so 939 mobo with an Athalon X2 4400+, 2GB DDR400, 7950GT video), and I figured it's about time I upgrade.

Now, I'm trying to keep the price around 500, since I really don't have much to spend. Here's what I've got for my new setup...

Motherboard - ASUS M2R32-MVP

CPU - Athalon 64 X2 4600+

Cooler - ZEROtherm BTF90

RAM - 4GB WINTEC AMPX (DDR2 800

Video - Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR3

Definitely not top-of-the-line gear, but it's better than what I've got right now, and it's got plenty of room for upgrades in the future...

Cool, that will keep the games a flowin nicely for a while!! :)

Nice, only thing you might want to look at is a MB that supports Phenom CPUs so you could go quad core down the road. Might not be worth the price to performance though.

I was thinking about that before I ordered, but the price really wasn't there. If it was closer, say...$100 cheaper!...maybe I would have done it. But, with the way I upgrade my components, the Phenom will be selling for $35 by the time I decide to get one LOL

DDR4 > DDR3

Extra latency at the same speed.... FTL. Not to mention DDR4 is only on video cards atm.