DaPoets's Age of Conan Review

For me... WoW killer. (so far)

I have to say that the quests are sooooo much better than in WoW. The interactive sequences of what the quests are all about are pretty darn cool for a number of reasons. Graphics, voice overs, choose your own path, etc...

The combat system just makes me want to get out there and fight everything that walks and the combo's are just fun as all hell. The timing of your strikes are real time combat, not like the basic combat system of WoW where it's basicly a PVE combat system that they try to use for PVP. AoC is using a PVP combat system that works great for it all. For example, I got jumped by the NPCs during a quest and one was some clothy caster. I was able to do some combo sweep move to make the two mele guys fall to the ground and when they hit the ground I turned around, charged the caster, slammed him against the wall and did an internal bleeding combo on him. He dropped dead quickly and then I swung around to finish dealing w/ the two mele guys who just got back to their feet. That is combat...

I choose Bear Shammy and I'm having a ball with him and will probably use him as my main when we go live.

ok now as for load times and other complaints... um what load times?? To be honest it takes about the same time for this to load as WoW for my computer. I do see it using all 4 cores on my processor (2 most of the time and the other two do have spikes) so perhaps having a quad core makes a big difference with this and I do have a 4 hard drive Raid-0+1 going. I am running a x1950pro 512megs so I will buy an HD 3870 w/ 512megs very soon, if not this weekend for this game. The HD 3870's are cheap as hell now. ($160)

I like how crisp the graphics are, not the cartoony graphics of WoW. I loved the graphics of EQ2 but the game play sucked, so this is EQ2 beefed up w/ great game play.

The minimap is clear and easy to use w/ no explaination. The bags are simple and clear, it's easy to know what items and weapons are best for you to use, NO LEWT LAG OMFG!!!, and it's nice to actually see a bag to loot and not just a corpse w/ some shinny sparkle coming from it.

Age of Conan is my new home. bye bye WoW Woot Woot!!

Sounds nice for a MMO. I'll have to see it eventually, as I don't know if PerFectioN will switch or not. I suspect not thou. (Yeah, the 3870's nutty cheap now)

One Million People Sign Up To Play Age of Conan

More than 1 million people sign up for the Age of Conan beta is a story on the official website that puts a little perspective on just how popular FunCom's soon-to-be released MMORPG might become.

“Funcom has not been able to find any higher beta numbers for MMOs in the western world,” said Morten Larssen, VP of Funcom Sales and Marketing. “We believe it represents the largest ever beta sign-up figure in the history of the genre.”

I am a leader not a follower so I think I will pass on this one! :) muhahaha "Plan B Pinky"

Every group has a leader... *NARF* Sure Brain, but what would the children look like?!?

Age Of Conan Collector's Edition Sold Out

"Funcom is proud to announce that the Collector’s Edition of Age of Conan is now completely sold out in all markets. The exclusive edition was announced in January, and has since topped retail charts at numerous retailers. In some markets, the Collector’s Edition has been sold out for weeks, and as a result additional boxes were made. These are also sold out, and the total print run stands at 111.000 units. Lucky customers may still find some copies on retail shelves, but no re-orders are available."