Overclocking

Guest Major_Chaos

Guest Major_Chaos

This is my first overclocking venture. I want to overclock my xp2000. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Such as, temperature, fsb, etc....

right now it is oc'd to 1.79 ghz. with front side bus at 280mhz. running at 114 degrees fehrenheight

also suggestions about inexpensive cooling techniqueswould be cool. not touching my vid card (ati9800 pro256mb) until it is old and decrepid.

Sounds like your already OC'd a little, as the 2000+ runs at 1.67GHz on a 133MHz front side bus. If your running 50 degrees Celcuis or higher, you might not want to overclock at all and look at a more effective cooling solution first.... (case cooling and heatsink/fan)

Guest Major_Chaos

right now with it overclocket to 1.9ghz, and fsb at 145mhz, it is running at a temp of 44.5 c and 110.3 f. i don't appear to have any stability probs yet so i'l play a few games and take her from there. so, are you saying I shouldn't allow it to go over 50 degrees c?

I think I'm in a state of shock here... not only am I starting to get into the grove of Overclocking, as is Major Pain-in-the-Ass, err I mean Major Chaos, but Father OC hasn't piped in @ all w/ his esteemed knowledge in this field. U would think that he has some sort of "overclocking forum sense" ringing in the back of his head to chk out what is going on!! B)

Maybe he saw my sig where I mentioned a "slight" overclocking & passed out.

ParoxysM, give the aging relic a nudge to chk out the forum, would ya?!

-- Nem :P

ParoxysM, give the aging relic a nudge to chk out the forum, would ya?! 

-- Nem  B)

??

Im lost in the sauce...

U're not supposed to be "dipping" into the sauce so much till the weekend arrives. There'll be plenty of "sauce" for U to enjoy @ the upcoming lan party, so save your kidneys till then!! :P

-- Nem

i'll check that out. oh yeah, nemesissy is actually getting into the groove of something, besides masterbaiting?

U just love to talk about your favorite pasttime, don't U?? U should try keeping your self-dominating sexual conquests to yourself :P

-- Nem

Major_Chaos, you check this place out. Good place to see what others have done and what they're using for cooling.

There's also a list somewhere there about the AMD chips and what each one is capable of when oc'ed and the best for oc'ing. You'll find out that if you didn't, you'll want to take your heatsink off and get the numbers off the die. Have fun. :P

Dragon