TF2 Wednesday Night?

PurSuiT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Valve has announced that the Pyro class update for its online multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 will be released this Thursday, June 19. The update includes three unlockable weapons—such as the previously unveiled Axtinguisher—which can be obtained via 35 new class-specific achievements. Valve has previously stated that the Pyro update will also include "significant changes" to the core class which will be enacted regardless of whether players have the new weapons. In addition to the new weapons and achievements, two community-created maps for the game will be included in the update.

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

• Added 2 community maps: cp_fastlane and ctf_turbine

Pyro

• Added alt-fire compression blast to the basic flamethrower

• Added The Axtinguisher, The Backburner, and The Flare Gun

• Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits

• Tuned the flamethrower hit detection to improve detection versus retreating opponents

• Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)

cp_well

• Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements

• Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

ctf_well

• Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements

• Removed central building, reduced overall map length

• Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

Other Notes

• Removed Soldier's 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps

• In-game avatar images will now have a badge around them if the player is your friend

• Fixed bug that allowed players to move around in a reference pose

• Added custom death icons for unlockable weapons

• The player join team message now specifies whether the player used the auto team option

• Payload maps now support four control points per stage

• Achievement dialog will stay open when you're moving in & out of the game and the main menu

• Added full Russian localization, with both fonts & speech

• Returned the "Report a Bug" option to the main menu

Axtinguisher - basically a backstab if enemy on fire

Backburner - massive crit damage, +50 health too

Flare Gun - 1 slow arching shot, almost useful, more annoying

Servers are 85% pyros, 14% medics, 1% misc players getting q0wned

The WNYGamersClub.com TF2 server has been fully updated and reconfigured, with all maps in rotation. Any members wishing to help admin the server please send me an IM and I can get you setup as a server admin, this will allow you to change maps, kick players and issue commands, but will not allow you to make any permanent changes to the server or the configs.

• 4 weeks later...
I jumped on today and you jumped off :P

Can you increase max players to 16...as it filled to 12 pretty quickly.

It is pay per slot, I am more then willing to pony up some more cash for a few more slots as long as ppl are jumping on.

I bought a new OS that is in the mail (winxp 64 for $49) as I have been using xp64 trial for the last 9 months or so. It has to be reinstalled every 3 or 4 months and I'm tired of it now. Not going to vista as I have no use for vista as xp64 is top notch. When I receive it tuesday or wednessday, then I'll get back into gaming.

• 3 months later...

Just an update, two WNY Gamers Club TF2 servers are currently up and running, they should be running differant map rotations.

WNYGamersClub.com TF2 East Coast Server #1 - New York, NY

WNYGamersClub.com TF2 East Coast Server #2 - Buffalo, NY

Hope to see some ppl on this Wednesday... ...Let me know what maps you would like in rotation.

ParoxysM: MSG we tonight and I will give you the IP, Port and Password for HLSW, not sure if you noticed but there is a new version of HLSW out.

• 4 months later...