UTIII and Crysis sales bomb

PurSuiT

UTIII and Crysis sales bomb

"Epic's Unreal Tournament III on PC has fared poorly in the US, selling just 33,995 units."

"According to sales data released by research chaps NPD Group, Crytek's super-hyped shooter has shifted just under 87,000 units since its release on November 13."

"Call of Duty 4 shifted a massive 1.57 million units on Xbox 360. Oddly enough we can't locate sales data for the PC version."

Well, Warfare isn't as intuitive as Onslaught is in UT2k4, everything else in UT3 is old school DM and CTF. Crysis takes a killer system to run.

Although nearly every review of UT3 I've seen has been above 80%....

My long time online clan members (5 years running now) all have decided not to purchse Crysis due to the system requirements. Those that played the demo and beta gave it a "meh" rating as they couldn't max the graphics and the story didn't seem to really grab them. I liked being able to roam around the jungle as I saw fit but I could see how it could get old very quickly. If Crysis had multiple maps like BF2 then I could see it doing much better in the long run.