Honey The Kids Blew Up The Monitor

bobsbrat

I have a dead monitor!

It was only a 17 inch monitor that I paid $300 bux for in 1998. Truth is, I can't believe it lasted this long for a no name (KDS) cheapy (for that time). I'm looking for another cheapy 17" monitor for the kids' computer since that desk doesn't have much room on it. Does anybody have any cheap ideas?

Hell yeah I'll drop that monitor off a tall building for ya. Or better yet I could just tie it to the back of my car & drag it around & cut some sharp corners so that it crashed into stuff. I suppose I could bring U along w/ your camera :ph34r:

-- Nem

I have a dead monitor!

It was only a 17 inch monitor that I paid $300 bux for in 1998. Truth is, I can't believe it lasted this long for a no name (KDS) cheapy (for that time). I'm looking for another cheapy 17" monitor for the kids' computer since that desk doesn't have much room on it. Does anybody have any cheap ideas?

Hmmm.. a cheapy solution? Check out the prices at Sams Club or BJ's, they normally have rather good deals w/ monitors. BestBuy might not be a bad choice as well. U could order one from pricewatch.com like I did. I grabbed a 19" monitor & it has been a beautiful thing ever since.

-- Nem ;)

Wish I could cram a 19" into my desk.

The KDS 17" X-flat that we got to replace the old one is easily an inch or two less deep than the old model.... Perhaps you can find an similar 19".... Also, you could perhaps move the desk/table away from the wall an inch or two (for the extra over-hang of a new monitor)

Just a thought....

Perhaps the person that comes up with best way to destroy the monitor can do exactly that at the next LAN party....

Hmmm.. lets be creative here. Mary can tie the piece of crap monitor to whichever kid angers her the most & then I can take both kid & monitor up on top of the house & push them off. Granted it'll be a short fall but well worth the sight. Problem solved ;)

-- Nem

p.s. -- Should we wait till the snow melts or not?? LOL

Maybe we should wait til the snow melts.... We could make it a pinata, then take kids and swing them at it?! Hmmm, maybe not, they are too old now....

Also, you could perhaps move the desk/table away from the wall an inch or two (for the extra over-hang of a new monitor)

The problem isn't depth it's width.

Put your case on the floor? Or is it already? It doesn't take much space for a 19" monitor and a mouse....

Hmmm, that could work!!!! B) Can I play the guy that they have to drag him away from the monitor cause I hate it SO MUCH!! :P;)