Crysis - Singleplayer Demo - 1.8Gig

3dGamers.com

Gamershell.com

WorthPlaying.com

3dDownloads.com

Here are the minimum and recommended system requirements from Crytek and EA:

Minimum System Requirements

OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card –256 MB**

Hard Drive – 12GB

Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements

OS – Windows XP / Vista

Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory – 2.0 GB RAM

GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

---

Earth, 2019: A colossal asteroid crashes down to Earth.

The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain, claiming the mysteries of the asteroid for themselves. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, the asteroid suddenly bursts open, revealing a massive, 2km high alien ship. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun.

The two rival nations unite to stop the aliens and save mankind. The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must lead a crack squad through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.

Crysis offers players a highly immersive FPS experience in which they will have to adapt their tactics, weaponry, armor and gameplay style to survive and defeat the alien invasion.

Offering true, open-ended gameplay, Crysis gives gamers an unparalleled amount of freedom that fosters completely unique gaming experiences. Players are outfitted with a revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons, giving them a wide array of options not only in approaching the entire game, but every single objective or individual encounter. And they will need every advantage they can get going head to head against a menacing and highly intelligent alien threat amid dynamic, hostile battlefields that range from lush, tropical jungles, flash-frozen landscapes and a horrifying zero gravity environment.

Key Features

- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.

- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.

- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.

- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.

- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.

- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.

- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.

- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.

- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.

- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.

If you have a nvidia video card, you'll need these: Nvidia ForceWare 169.01 Beta Crysis Drivers

And you want to see it in all its DX10 glory: Crysis DX10 Gallery of Super Awesomeness :D

Every download server that I've come across for this Demo is normally FULL & the wait line is long, must be a popular download :D

Yeah ParoxysM, my speeds for the download aren't all that great either BUT it will be great to FINALLY get a chance to play this game.

Happy downloading everyone... good luck as well.

-- Nem

Well, the demo is an earlier build than the beta so it might run bad on your pc er, should I say worse than the beta. But still, it does run and look nice on my pc as much as my pc screams "NOOOO!!" when playing it. :D

Dragon

Touching on DaPoets mention of having trouble with everything on high. Sadly, even with my 1900XTX 512m, with everything at high, it also chugs hard for me. Everything at medium is smooth. After that, I did put textures, shaders and water at high and so far it runs smoothly!

Nvidia had a new beta set up drivers for the demo release, maybe ati will have a set soon that helps.

yeah I read a few months ago that using xp64 will improve performance by about 15% and I have to say that when I saw the Crysis 64bit option on my desktop I got excited since the mp beta doesn't have it... Yes it ran better than the multiplayer but that is to be exptected for really any game. Multiplayers have lag issues to deal w/.

Crysis Demo DX9 and CPU Core Scaling Performance

"At merely 1280X1024 you can see that the GPUs are getting punished. Only the 8800s have acceptable performance levels for single player action at just under 30 frames per second. The Radeon 19s are a distant 3rd and 4th with the 7900s getting punished on the 10s along with the budget 8600GTS. Wow. Carnage. Imagine what would happen with AA enabled?"

Crysis Demo DX9 and CPU Core Scaling Performance

"At merely 1280X1024 you can see that the GPUs are getting punished. Only the 8800s have acceptable performance levels for single player action at just under 30 frames per second. The Radeon 19s are a distant 3rd and 4th with the 7900s getting punished on the 10s along with the budget 8600GTS. Wow. Carnage. Imagine what would happen with AA enabled?"

Doesn't mention the 2900XT??? hmmm as it runs way better then the 8800s? Oh wait this is DX9... ok...

Crysis Tweak Guide

"Now before you think that I'm going to head off into a gushing fanboyesque serenade of all things Crysis, let me stop you right there. Let's be clear about some things: Crysis is not a revolution in first person shooters. It is not the greatest game ever made, nor does it change the way you will live your life forever. Marketing hype aside, it is however a landmark title, an absolutely stunning progression of video game graphics; one of the most photo-realistic and immersive first person shooters to date. For that reason alone, if no other, I urge you to consider getting Crysis. Of course before shelling out any cash to purchase it, you should first download the demo and see how it runs on your machine."