January's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, a staff member from UB is going to review the LPE website as soon as today or tomorrow (most likely today) for a possible chance of advertising LPE IX via e-mail to computer science/engineering undergraduates at UB. I sent an e-mail to her a few minutes ago and I don't expect her to respond later than very soon :(

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you update the website ASAP today with the most accurate info (sponsors, prizes, etc). If she approves of this then we're talking about advertising the event to a lot of people.

I'll give you more detailed info later on.

Edited by sweet_tooth

I updated the pages as Bob does not normally do it (not to say he has not before or can not) but he is at work so I am sure would not get to it until at least he got home.

TY TY TY!!!! Figures it was quiet all morning then its gets MEGA busy this afternoon. Either way, I wouldn't have been able to touch it til I got home. TY again!!

Thanks Pursuit!

However, you forgot to edit the "Games to be tentatively played by popular demand" list - it's outdated (maybe add CoD4, Team Fortress 2, CoH, Crysis, etc)... and for the prizes, add UT3.

I think I might add a link to this thread... same goes for prizes... Anyone that regularly goes to the LPEs knows we play mainly some newer titles and they know they aways walk away with something, as I do not think I can remeber a time they didn't.

Nice to see they hooked us up again, Will get it posted up on the LPE site this week...

• 2 weeks later...