January's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

I am almost done with the flyer. I need a list of sponsors now so if someone can give me that list asap that would be great (just post it as a reply to this topic).

Confirmed sponsors I know of our Speedcore Networks, Zany Coffee & Collectibles and CPU magazine. One thing I think most ppl do not know is we really do not receive confirmation from sponsors until their stuff shows up on bob's door step a few days before the LAN and sometimes even the Monday or Tuesday after (then it is used for the next LPE). We do have some misc stuff that was left overs from the past 2 LPE (AKA: Shirts, Mouse Pads, Pens and other promo stuff) that will be handed out as it has in the past.

You will know the sponsors ASA we do, Hope this helps!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed sponsors I know of our Speedcore Networks, Zany Coffee & Collectibles and CPU magazine. One thing I think most ppl do not know is we really do not receive confirmation from sponsors until their stuff shows up on bob's door step a few days before the LAN and sometimes even the Monday or Tuesday after (then it is used for the next LPE). We do have some misc stuff that was left overs from the past 2 LPE (AKA: Shirts, Mouse Pads, Pens and other promo stuff) that will be handed out as it has in the past.

You will know the sponsors ASA we do, Hope this helps!

Alright, cool.

Thanks.

Edited by sweet_tooth

Paroxys:

All this talk and talk about you're good in F.E.A.R - blah, blah, BLAH. Well, I've been dying to see what you're all about. I called you out before but you never took my challenge as serious as I had hoped. Therefore, I hope you will be LPE '08 so I can play you 1vs1 in F.E.A.R on Bob's projector screen in front of 75 people :) If you're not attending LPE '08 then we can also play on the WNYG F.E.A.R server.

Are you up for the challenge? Don't be scared now :D

Paroxys:

All this talk and talk about you're good in F.E.A.R - blah, blah, BLAH. Well, I've been dying to see what you're all about. I called you out before but you never took my challenge as serious as I had hoped. Therefore, I hope you will be LPE '08 so I can play you 1vs1 in F.E.A.R on Bob's projector screen in front of 75 people :) If you're not attending LPE '08 then we can also play on the WNYG F.E.A.R server.

Was talking to this dude on xFire, this has got to be on the projector.... Parox!!! you got to do this 1 vs 1.... I will throw $10 down on..... hmmmm who???? Pick the maps and we can do a 1 vs 1...

Paroxys:

Was talking to this dude on xFire, this has got to be on the projector.... Parox!!! you got to do this 1 vs 1.... I will throw $10 down on..... hmmmm who???? Pick the maps and we can do a 1 vs 1...

No problem doing this on the projector!! I'll toss another $10 spot down for this!

Paroxys:

All this talk and talk about you're good in F.E.A.R - blah, blah, BLAH. Well, I've been dying to see what you're all about. I called you out before but you never took my challenge as serious as I had hoped. Therefore, I hope you will be LPE '08 so I can play you 1vs1 in F.E.A.R on Bob's projector screen in front of 75 people :D If you're not attending LPE '08 then we can also play on the WNYG F.E.A.R server.

Here is my analogy of this:

You are probably comparable to an NCAA DIV 3 basketball player who can consistently put up 20 points a game. You attend practice, play every game and are the best player on your team.

Im that old dude that could sink 100 baskets in a row if I wanted to. I haven't played in forever and don't have any desire to.

You are kinda new around here, so I'll give you a heads up. There are a couple of us that you don't want to challenge to any FPS game...especially for money.

What would be more interesting is a random 4 game tourney. Everyone writes down a few game titles and throws it in a hat, then 4 games are picked and played FFA. I haven't installed a new game in over a year :)

Here is my analogy of this:

You are probably comparable to an NCAA DIV 3 basketball player who can consistently put up 20 points a game. You attend practice, play every game and are the best player on your team.

Im that old dude that could sink 100 baskets in a row if I wanted to. I haven't played in forever and don't have any desire to.

You are kinda new around here, so I'll give you a heads up. There are a couple of us that you don't want to challenge to any FPS game...especially for money.

What would be more interesting is a random 4 game tourney. Everyone writes down a few game titles and throws it in a hat, then 4 games are picked and played FFA. I haven't installed a new game in over a year :)

Feel free to think of me as an "NCAA DIV 3 basketball player" or anything else that may fall in between the lines of your preposterous analogy. I will allow my victory to prove your analogy to be shamefully incorrect :D

I have no problem with playing a tournament consisting of four random games as long as F.E.A.R is one of them - when I first came into the WNYG forums I asked around for F.E.A.R gamers and I was excited to find out that this local club/clan had a few F.E.A.R players of its own. Then I found out you were "the best" F.E.A.R player in this club and, because I have been playing F.E.A.R for more than a year now, am very well known amongst other F.E.A.R veterans and veteran clans, and participated in some of the top ranked F.E.A.R tournaments, I am curious to find out exactly how good you really are since you are from the local area.

Nevertheless, I would also like to point out that you still have not accepted or denied my challenge. Also, if you insist on playing a tournament of 4 random games then my submissions would consist of F.E.A.R, Call Of Duty 4, Battlefield 2142, and Team Fortress 2.

After CoD4 came out, we have not touched F.E.A.R. to be honest....

Well since CoD4 came out ParoxysM has not been to an event, he does not like to play games unless he thinks he can beat ppl at them and as soon as he think a person can beat him at a game he stops playing it obviously.

I suck at most games, then again I do not play them for the completion, but for the fun factor. I think ParoxysM could give sweet_tooth a run for his money, but by not even trying just for the fun of it he is already the loser! :)

After CoD4 came out, we have not touched F.E.A.R. to be honest....

Well since CoD4 came out ParoxysM has not been to an event, he does not like to play games unless he thinks he can beat ppl at them and as soon as he think a person can beat him at a game he stops playing it obviously.

I suck at most games, then again I do not play them for the completion, but for the fun factor. I think ParoxysM could give sweet_tooth a run for his money, but by not even trying just for the fun of it he is already the loser! :)

Why all the hate? I don't have COD 2, 3 or 4 installed, lol. I'm at a point in my life where video games are not in the top 20 of priorities. My keyboard db became corrupt while playing BF2 with WNYG back in March and instead of investing the hour(s) manually remapping the keys, I said screw it. It's a waste of a $150 keyboard now, but once I get through all these projects at work and finish up my MS certs...all be back.

You guys all go on smoke break or beer run mid map when I don't die in FEAR, Quake or whatever, so you should be happy I don't play...better K/D ratio for you :D

It's a waste of a $150 keyboard now, but once I get through all these projects at work and finish up my MS certs...all be back.

Hurry up, you are missed!!

Why all the hate? I don't have COD 2, 3 or 4 installed, lol. I'm at a point in my life where video games are not in the top 20 of priorities. My keyboard db became corrupt while playing BF2 with WNYG back in March and instead of investing the hour(s) manually remapping the keys, I said screw it. It's a waste of a $150 keyboard now, but once I get through all these projects at work and finish up my MS certs...all be back.

You guys all go on smoke break or beer run mid map when I don't die in FEAR, Quake or whatever, so you should be happy I don't play...better K/D ratio for you :)

No hate, just razing yeah! :D Games are not on my top 20 either right now, but they are never really a priority for me as they are games (something fun to do). :D

The keyboard is your own damn fault, I stopped binding keys all over the place and stick with stock setups unless a key is really needed some where else. But in a game like BF2 the keys are pretty well thought out and if I bind them then do not play for a few months and then have to reinstall the game I forget what keys were bond to what, so now I just leave games stock.

BTW: on a side note: I think we are still looking for anyone interested in running a CoD4 tournament, this does not mean you would not be able to play, just Bob and I do not have enuff time to do up rules and setup a ladder.