HL2:E2

Im having a problem with mine - i asked it to DL and it is staying stuck at the starting 44% and wont finish up DL'ing :P Im so dying to paly and cant !!!

Close and restart Steam.

PurSuiT, NICE PICS!!!!!!!!!!! /me drools...

Whew finally got it running. For black box users who didnt have EP1 installed you wont be able to DL EP2 as it needs EP1 files to run. I needed to get a set of EP1 shared files (i can link the site if someone has an issue here) so I could put them in the shared directory of *.gcf files. Once there the download can complete and you can run the game. Finally setup this morning and will get to run through it tonight.

Its a bummer and apparently a lot of folks are up in arms over the not being able to play EP2 even though its included with thier voucher. At least I found the work around.

Black Box has everything except HL2 Ep1 as part of the package. So if you did not previously have Ep1 on your comp or part of your steam account already - you are currently SOL for playing Ep2 off the black box. If you can manage to get the shares as I noted then you can play. Otherwise no. I personally know at least 4 people locally who have the black box. So it is in fact an issue.

If they are gonna promise you Ep2 as part of the package - at least open up the appropriate files to allow us to play. It was one reason I opted for the card I did vs. another brand or an nVidia card. Seems very backdoor'ish to me. Unless of course it was an "unforseen problem" and they fix it soon. But if they set you up to require you to buy Ep1 in order to play your Ep2 they promised - well thats kinda gay.

ah, ok...

Not sure I would want to see the last ep of star wars or Indiana Jones before I saw the rest, so would assume I would have if I was the producer and director. Do not think valve made it their mission for you to have to buy the rest, just comes across as over thinking it alittle, might just be me. You know if anyone had try'd to install the dedicated server or HL2 DM (as some of the content for that is the same as EP1 and is free even if you do not own crap on steam) then install EP2 and then delete the local content? Just wondering if that might work.

Either way, I do not have EP1 or HL2 install right now (new Winblows install) and EP2 worked fine off the black box. They are both on my account though.

Well, if you played HL2 and it's 2 xpacks and HL2 and EP1, EP2 kicks ass and so far has filled it a few blanks. I am very happy... This title though is showing the max that the current steam engine can do, alongwith showing its age. I hope with EP3 we see some changes to the engine finally.

I actually have HL2, HL2 DM, and quite a few other titles from the HL2 engine set attached to my steam. The only one I didnt have was Ep1. I did play Ep1 on another account and enjoyed it, but because it wasnt attached on my current one, I couldnt get and play Ep2. If it wasnt for getting the shares for Ep1 id be SOL.