UT3 Beta Demo

B.Ob.

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Soon

"Just wanted to give you a heads' up that we're getting pretty close to releasing the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo for Windows. The Beta Demo will allow instant action play against bots as well as online multiplayer. The purpose of the Beta Demo is to test the game on a large variety of hardware configurations and get gameplay feedback from the community. The development team feels they're pretty close to being ready to release this so it could come out this week but for safety sake I'd say it should be out within two weeks."

Unreal Tournament 3 Demo on Friday or so

"I just got back from Epic moments ago and thought I'd share this little morsel with you. It looks like the Unreal Tournament 3 demo will be released this Friday. They were putting the finishing touches on it last night; didn't want to release it the same day as the Call of Duty 4 demo (Thursday), so Friday appears to be the big day for the UT3 demo. Stay tuned for the full hands-on preview after I type it up (cough)."

UT3 beta demo preload

"Download the Unreal Tournament 3

Beta Demo on FilePlanet

Gaming's premiere first-person shooter returns with completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability, and challenge to a new level. Incredible visuals and in-your face combat await you in this explosive beta demo...

Be among the first to download the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo! FilePlanet subscribers can pre-load the beta demo for automatic download and play immediately on release. Limited public beta demo reserves available."

UT3 beta demo preload

"Download the Unreal Tournament 3

Beta Demo on FilePlanet

Gaming's premiere first-person shooter returns with completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability, and challenge to a new level. Incredible visuals and in-your face combat await you in this explosive beta demo...

Be among the first to download the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo! FilePlanet subscribers can pre-load the beta demo for automatic download and play immediately on release. Limited public beta demo reserves available."

I remembered my OLD free login and got in on the limited Free File Reservation! Although you have to install and run their Download Manger to get it. The step-son got a paid FilePlanet acct and has downloaded at least a good part of it already, where mine has not downloaded anything yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo - 740meg

WorthPlaying.com

Fileshack.com

GamesHell.com

FileFront.com

3dGamers.com

ActionTrip.com

ComputerGames.ro

German site - 4players.de

TechPowerUp.com

NGOHQ.com

"Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the industry’s premiere first-person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.

Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It’s FPS action at it’s best!

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor

512 Mbytes of System RAM

NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements

2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor

1 GBytes of System RAM

NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Features :

- Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offline!

- Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.

- Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.

- Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action…the Hoverboard.

- New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.

- Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.

- Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.

- Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community."

Tim Sweeney says memory is all you need

"In Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War for PC, there is a significant gain in having 512MB of video memory rather than 256MB. So, first and foremost, get at least a 512MB card if you can afford it. If you haven’t maxed out your budget, then go for the maximum single-card performance that doesn’t require extreme cooling, e.g. buy an entry-level GeForce 8800 over a GeForce 8600."

UT3 Beta Performance

"The good news is we have now tested the demo and it is available on all major sites for download so you too can also grab a copy today. There is no secret to which game engine Unreal Tournament 3 uses as it is yet another visually stunning first person shooter to be built around the “Unreal Engine 3” just as Bioshock and Medal of Honour: Airborne were! The Unreal Engine 3 has already proven to be very impressive in terms of visual quality and it has also proven to be an extremely demanding game engine. Games such as Bioshock and Medal of Honour: Airborne were not mainstream hardware friendly and that being the case we hardly expect Unreal Tournament 3 to be any different.

For resolutions above 1280x1024 gamers have been required to use one of four graphics cards, three of which are Nvidia built. The GeForce 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra and Radeon HD 2900XT are the only graphics cards that have really proven to have what it takes to play these new games built on the Unreal Engine 3 with maximum in game quality settings enabled. Furthermore, because these games do not feature official anti-aliasing support, the Radeon HD 2900XT has fared very well against the GeForce 8800 competition. It shall be interesting to see once again where the Radeon HD 2900XT stands in terms of performance in this latest game built around the Unreal Engine 3!"

I had everything cranked @ 1680 * 1050 and ran fine with no issues. At the LAN I saw it running on a x300 with the setting of 1024 * 768 and most things turned down, it might now have looked pretty, but the game play was still fluid and not choppy...