Board games? Fun, casual game nights?

Hey there! This is my first post on this forum.....basically, I'm relatively new to Buffalo and was looking for people who are interested in your normal "board game nights" (taboo, pictionary, settlers, cranium, etc....possibly with good food and wine.) Is this mostly for heavy duty gamers or would anyone be interested in setting something like this up? I'm also interested in local museums, coffee shops/tea houses, arts and cultural events, and that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to town Wren!

What are these "board games" of which you speak?

Well, though I know most of you would be more into strategy board games (since this sounds like that sort of community), I more meant social, quicker games like Taboo, Scattergories, Therapy, Cranium, Scene It!, dictionary, snowballs, etc. I wasn't sure if anyone's gaming interest stretched into more of the social realm. Thanks for your replies! :)

hmmmm.....

The Doom: the Boardgame

...my wife and I have had ppl over for boardgame nights before, but right now we are in the middle of a remodel and it has not been possible...

Well, the boyfriend and I would be happy to host something B) What sorts of games do you play?

I enjoy boardgaming :blink: However the social type games arent my speed B)

Im more of a strategy board gamer -> Axis & Allies

Or a RPG'ish gamer -> Talisman (basically D&D in boardgame format, pretty fast & fun)

In all I like something with a little competition. If thats still okay then I'd be game to try out a game night.

Thanky :)

Now I'm getting the urge to pull out an old classic... Dark Tower, which was a very cool eletronic board game.

-- Nem

I enjoy boardgaming :blink: However the social type games arent my speed B)

Im more of a strategy board gamer -> Axis & Allies

Or a RPG'ish gamer -> Talisman (basically D&D in boardgame format, pretty fast & fun)

In all I like something with a little competition. If thats still okay then I'd be game to try out a game night.

Thanky :)