April's LAN Party Extravaganza

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W O W... what a turn out we had on Saturday. THANX to all that attended, it was tons O fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had some new faces make an appearance, so obviously word of our pending "LAN Party Domination" is spreading :evil:

I'm not sure but I think that this was the BIGGEST turnout we've had thus far. :D

Yep, it certainly was a GREAT turnout!! We had 20 peeps show up.

Good times, I think this was the most I gamed at a party in a long time. Usually I get called for network, or other issues....

Good Times!!

The only gripe I have is the downtime some people had 'cause they have different versions of patches/files. Then several people are scrambling to get the files by having whoever either close or alt+tab out of their working game to share files. Can the server admins public post the games and files version they are running...maybe a private ftp to obtain the files beforehand. I know we had multiple bf:vt and far cry servers running due to this issue. So instead of having 6 people in one server and 8 in another, let's try and focus on 1 server - 1 version.

Also, with multiple servers running, I was feeling the lag - 160 ping. Anything above 40 at a LAN is not good. I heard others complaining of the same issue.

I only got an 1hr credit for playing far cry...I thought we played more than that. Oh, well.

The only gripe I have is the downtime some people had 'cause they have different versions of patches/files. Then several people are scrambling to get the files by having whoever either close or alt+tab out of their working game to share files. 

You couldn't have said it any better my friend. I was honestly hoping to have avoided this since there was a posting earlier of the GAMES that will be played & the patches applied to them. I personally didn't have issues w/ any of the games. I think we need not only have a way to have these files available to our lan party gang, BUT we need to make sure EVERYONE is on the page as to what games will be there & what patch is applied to them. I ran into a # of peeps trying to connect to the farcry server and/or not being able to see it due to them NOT having the latest patch installed. Simply downtime that could've been avoided. The only other issue I came across is peeps NOT having the games installed. THAT alone accounted for alot of time where one couldn't play.

To help avoid this issue for future lan parties, I'll be working together w/ a few of the members here in an effort to help keep this from happening again. Some things can't always be avoided, but most can. Stay tuned for details!!! :D

-- Nem :D