Crysis DX9 vs. DX10 Videos

• 2 months later...

Crysis Demo Set for Release on 9/25

Recommended system expected to be:

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

RAM: 1.5Gb

HDD: 6GB

Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

Optical Drive: DVD

Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Following the completion of the demo, gamers will have a seemingly long wait for the release of the full game. Crysis is set to simultaneously release in retail stores in North America and Europe on November 16, 2007.

Yeah, can anyone say 4gigs. No doubt it'll chew through 2gigs. BF2 only supposedly used 1gig but eats up a ton more on my system with 2gigs.

It'll be nice to get to see how the game will run on my pc before I get it though. I had my GForce2 when Far Cry came out and the demo proved I needed an upgrade, nothing I didn't know already though. I upgraded a couple weeks after the release to the 2500 and 9800pro. B)

Dragon

My guild and I have been playing Tabula Rasa and it's definately a wake up call for older systems. People are already asking for advice on upgrades and or newer drivers. Even w/ my system I'm not able to have max graphics in the game... I'm only at like 65% and Crysis is going to be even more demanding... I am actually very tempted to go to a 64bit operating system (definately not vista 64...) just so that I can go past 4gigs of ram and run games smoother.

Yea Im still very tempted to grab a 64 bit OS as well for the 4 Gig luv. Everything says driver support is essentially horrible so Ive been reluctant. Anyone know if the driver support problems have to do with the variety of peripheral devices or is there a lack for the core items like updated video, sound, and chipset drivers too ?

On a bright note my new core2duo, 2 gigs, and 2900xt should go a ways in making a dent in Crysis settings. But 4 gigs...drool...

Edited by WarSpartan

I have a 2900XT and 4GB of mem. Was running WinXP 64bit and now Vista Ultimate 64Bit and on both the drivers are about 4 to 6 months behind. XP 64 was just starting to work ok. most of it has to do with the Catalyst Control Panel crashing and with Cat 7.8 on XP CCC ran 64Bit on Vista still runs in 32Bit and crashes or is unresponsive quite a bit.

Hope they have it worked out soon (by cat 7.10 or .11) oor I will be back to a 32Bit OS soon with less mem.