Lord of the Rings Online

Dragon

Just wondering if anyone has been watching this game and/or thinking about getting into the beta to try it out. I was thinking about searching out a couple WNY Gamers that would be interested in playing and start a Fellowship to play through some of the harder quests.

Lotr Online Beta Sign up

Its been pretty interesting so far, lot of the standard mmo gameplay. Already found a creature I can't stand up against and I'm only a couple hrs into it. ;)

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, I'm playing it now, too...but Shaggy, GF and I are all on some server that begins with "N"...LOL Can you tell I just installed the game last night?

Since he's rarely on to play teams, I'll start up a Hunter on Vilya as well. I have no problem jumping servers from time to time when it's only me. The GF is at my place for the week, so she isn't actually playing it yet, but I'll get her all set up next week sometime.

That being said, what are your names/classes, and when are you usually on, if you're still playing?

I rerolled a couple weeks ago and started a Minstrel lvl 24 now I think. I actually haven't played in like 2 weeks but I'm sure I'll be getting back into it soon. I kind of turned away from games lately nothing really interesting me.

My Min is Arinador and my guardian is lvl 36 Elgon. B)

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've got a 12 Captain (Fend), and she's got a 12 Burglar (Fenreil). We just started them on Saturday, but we'll be flipping between Nimrodel and Vilya so that our other toons get some game-time, too.

My only gripe so far is that there isn't enough reward armor or weapons in the beginning....at least, nothing decent.... Some of the quests that we're doing are blue, yet we still get wiped as soon as we start, since our AC is horrible, and our weapons do 5.5 DPS. Just finished a lvl 10 quest last night that gave me a 6.5 DPS two-handed sword, which is better than the 5.5 2h axe I had, but still, my armor rating is around 150...and I'm wearing medium! I haven't checked yet, but I'm not looking forward to asking the GF what her armor is at...

Yeah, the fellowship quests pay out more and better weapons.

Blue quests shouldn't be too hard for the both of you. I've had no prob soloing blue quests with my healer, but then again, I can sit there all day and heal myself.

I don't know if Caps can get into heavy armor, I know my Minstrel can't and I think its the same for burglars. I can train for Med armor, which I did, but it'll never be real high since Minstrels are support class. My other toon is a 37 guardian and his armor is close to 1000. My Min has a 300 something armor don't know how much higher it'll go as I choose armor based on what it does for me in Fate, Will and Vitality, which are what I need the most.

If your in a pinch and have some cash, you can always go to the auction house in Bree and buy something. I can also make you something, which would probably be better and free. I can make a lot of good stuff with my guardian. B)

Dragon

Well, we hit 13 last night. Still doing all the quests around Staddle/Bree area, even though they're a few levels below us. We both like questing...much better than grinding, for the most part. Found a place on the East side of Midgewater Marsh that's got some tier 2 resources and lvl 10-18 mobs, so I think we might go kill stuff there for a couple of levels, after we finish some more quests.

Bought a nice 2h axe in the auction house last night for 50s. Little pricey, but I think it will do me some good when I hit 15 and can use it.

What kind of "free gear" would you be talking about? As I said before, we can both use medium armor, but you never said which craft you could do...lol