S.T.A.L.K.E.R is out!!!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R was released in stores this past Tuesday!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

"When Chernobyl melted down, it spewed a cloud of radioactive dust all over Europe. A similarly menacing cloud hung over STALKER's development, and given all its troubles we're fortunate to have a game at all, let alone one this good. Its setting is superb, its gameplay tense and convincing, and it boasts what are definitely the best fill-your-pants moments in a PC game for quite some time. It's hard to see how it could have turned out better."

• 2 weeks later...

I watched tha trailer, look pretty good. If you listen carefully, you will hear the same sounds they use in every game...that's the only thing that frustrates me about new games. I should become a game sound designers, so I can get paid to copy/paste other game's sounds.

I watched tha trailer, look pretty good. If you listen carefully, you will hear the same sounds they use in every game...that's the only thing that frustrates me about new games. I should become a game sound designers, so I can get paid to copy/paste other game's sounds.

Well since as you stated they use the same sounds, I would guess that the one and only game sound designer that ever had a job made mad loot and then got fired.

I'm the resident musician around here, if anyone is going to get a job in sound engineering for a gaming company, its going to be me. :P

Dragon

Half-Life 2, Doom 3 Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

"This week, threads have started showing up on various forums containing what appears to be evidence that GSC Game World's recently released shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl makes use of a number of graphical assets taken directly from commercially released games such as Valve's Half-Life 2 and id Software's Doom 3. Many forum posters are speculating that the assets were used without authorization."

FPS games should not have tons of equipment and items. By the time you switch to Inventory, pick the item you need, use it...you are dead. The range of the pistols sucks too.

That is all.

FPS games should not have tons of equipment and items. By the time you switch to Inventory, pick the item you need, use it...you are dead. The range of the pistols sucks too.

That is all.

Yeah, I've heard references to Deus Ex and another RPG-ish game that name failes me atm.....