What video cards?

Sacred

Sacred,

Being that I don't recall what CPU you have, I'll hold off on suggestion a mobo. As for the VC, this is what I would go for....

HIS Radeon x1950xt

-- Nem :brickwall:

What good is a Vid card when his MB is toast? and he stated before he wants CF or SLi support.

My my, how you jump all over someone when they forget to phrase something correctly. So, I obviously goofed up & didn't say it right.

Did U take your medicine today Pursuit??

-- Nem

Sacred,

Being that I don't recall what CPU you have, I'll hold off on suggestion a mobo. As for the VC, this is what I would go for....

HIS Radeon x1950xt

What good is a Vid card when his MB is toast? and he stated before he wants CF or SLi support.

My my, how you jump all over someone when they forget to phrase something correctly. So, I obviously goofed up & didn't say it right.

-- Nem

I am think I will be buying this card (HIS Hightech H195PRQT256DDN-R Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 IceQ3 Turbo HDCP Video Card - Retail ) love the HSF how it blows air outside the case and the speed of the core and mem. I am really undecided about doing crossfire or sli. Buying that card I don't think I will need another card. The speed of my CPU is amd 3500 venice core.

I am think I will be buying this card (HIS Hightech H195PRQT256DDN-R Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 IceQ3 Turbo HDCP Video Card - Retail ) love the HSF how it blows air outside the case and the speed of the core and mem. I am really undecided about doing crossfire or sli. Buying that card I don't think I will need another card. The speed of my CPU is amd 3500 venice core.

Yep, that should be quieter and more OC'able than PurSuiT's. I think PurSuiT has been pretty happy with the performance of his 1950Pro.

Yep, that should be quieter and more OC'able than PurSuiT's. I think PurSuiT has been pretty happy with the performance of his 1950Pro.

I am considering this MB ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail for 73.00 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...82E16813131569)

I am considering this MB ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail for 73.00 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...82E16813131569)

That should do ya fine!! Might want to check around, just to make sure there are not glaring issues with it.

That should do ya fine!! Might want to check around, just to make sure there are not glaring issues with it.

I read a bunch of cx reviews on it and everyone seems very happy with it coupple minor things I think but thats it.

Sacred,

HIS Radeon x1950xt

-- Nem

Very happy with the x1950Pro Sapphire I got, heat has not been an issue as the wattage is lower (my x850XT blowing out side the case created my case temp). I do wish it was a 512MB card though. Other the that have been very happy.

Hi all. :)

Nice to see some hardware threads here. I'm currently running a 7800 GS 256 mb card. I've had a busy life the past year and really haven't changed a thing on this machine for a long time. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new MB, CPU and video card now that I'm starting to live a normal life again. (The MB in this machine is a gigabyte socket 754 with AMD 3200.)

Hi all. :)

Nice to see some hardware threads here. I'm currently running a 7800 GS 256 mb card. I've had a busy life the past year and really haven't changed a thing on this machine for a long time. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new MB, CPU and video card now that I'm starting to live a normal life again. (The MB in this machine is a gigabyte socket 754 with AMD 3200.)

Welcome!!

That system is pretty much maxed out, at least cpu and videocard wise. Core2 Duo is the highest performing CPU at the moment, not that the AMD 64 is a slouch by any means. You might wait til Vista (64-bit) gets out there and supported well, as even 32-bit Vista will has the same 3/4Meg RAM cap that Windows XP has. I would think your rig will last you 6/12 months easily.

and I thought that my old Athlon 1.2GHz socket A was getting old! :blink:

Good reading guys. I've been pricing a new system and I was thinking about the sapphire 1950Pro card with a CF mobo, and at some point grabbing a second one, but as usual it sounds like they will be dead and cost too much by the time I could get a second one..... Hopefully the DX10 cards will drive the DX9 cards down in price quite a bit.