Catalyst 6.12

B.Ob.

Catalyst® 6.12 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition

New Features

This release of the ATI Catalyst™ software suite introduces DirectX video acceleration for CrossFire™ enabled configurations.

Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12

The following section provides a summary of the issues that are resolved in the latest release of Catalyst®. These include:

Black&White 2: Slow frame rate is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP when setting the graphics to the lowest possible settings. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23714

Neverwinter Nights: Enabling super AA and CrossFire within the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game's main menu. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23718

Catalyst® Control Center->CrossFire™: Attempting to resume from a standby state no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when using a Radeon® X19x0 CrossFire™ Edition series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23713

Known Issues for Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12

The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

Battlefield 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with the in-game display setting at 1920x1440 or 2048x1536 and AA set to 6x may result in the game failing to launch. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22817

Sniper Elite: Playing the game under Windows XP with a Radeon® X1600 series installed may result in texture corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22820

Enabling CrossFire™ may result in display corruption being noticed when playing a DVD or media clip using either WinDVD 7, Windows Media Player or PowerDVD 6. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22806

Catalyst® Control Center->Basic View: Connecting a secondary display device and attempting to enable it, may result in the inability to enable the device when using Basic view. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23446

I saw this last night, nothing worth updating mine for...FEAR actually runs now consistently!!

Consistently slow or as it should? (only slow with the crazy explosions and effects)

Also, figured this was more worthwhile than the Acrobat 8 GPU acceleration!!

I doubt FEAR drops below 70 fps ever now, running well and actually looks better than before.

I just upgraded a number of workstations here from Adobe Reader 5 to 8, but the video cards are ATI RADEON 9250 with dual DMS59 connector.

Cool, glad to hear FEAR is running normally now!!

Acrobat is just accelerated by vid cards that support SM3, ATI x1xxx series. Although it still sounds rediculous to me.

FEAR is fun again. I'll be on tonight if you're in the mood for some action. We can play some tdm, just switch to my team :welldone:

I missed ya in FEAR, but did play a little BF2 with Dragon last nite. I got my first medal/ribbon in BF2 and made my next rank. :rtfm:

I jumped out of a plane and received an award, yay.

Hehe, although I was told about that one, I'm not a good enough pilot to get the plane that high without crashing.... The metal or ribbon, forgot which, was for Armor. Not sure on the specifics thou...

I jumped out of a plane and received an award, yay.

Hehe, although I was told about that one, I'm not a good enough pilot to get the plane that high without crashing.... The metal or ribbon, forgot which, was for Armor. Not sure on the specifics thou...

http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/44774026/

Bob I strongly believe you are the only person in the history of BF2 to only be awarded 1 badge durning a rank up. Sry! Just being honest, keep up the good work.

I totally have a ribbon, I am good. I dont feel so bad now after checking pursuit's stats, nice purple heart for 1:4 kill/death ratio, lol.

You need to download

Those are non ranked, non dedicated, non PB server hacks. Totally useless.

So you tried them too :poster_stupid:

I totally have a ribbon, I am good. I dont feel so bad now after checking pursuit's stats, nice purple heart for 1:4 kill/death ratio, lol.

You need to download

Those are non ranked, non dedicated, non PB server hacks. Totally useless.

So you tried them too :poster_stupid:

Says so right in the begining of one of the videos and in the comments. :WTF:

ATI Catalyst 6.12 Performance Analysis - Final for 2006

"ATI mention no performance improvements this month – disappointed? Yes! Last year at this point in time we saw the Catalyst begin to make use of Dual Core processors and huge improvements across the board, unfortunately there isn’t anything that major out. While we do have Quad Cores, it’s safe to say that it’s still going to be a while till they become mainstream with it taking almost 12 months for the Dual Core to become mainstream.

There are a huge amount of bug fixes and what not, so the upgrade should be worth it so we would recommend you have a look at the latest release notes while we see if ATI threw us a little extra performance somewhere."