NWN2 Goes GOLD

B.Ob.

Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Goes Gold

October 17, 2006 – Atari, Inc (Nasdaq: ATAR) and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that the highly-anticipated Neverwinter Nights™ 2 has gone gold and is on schedule to ship to stores nationwide on October 31 in North America and on November 3 in Europe. Neverwinter Nights 2,the sequel to BioWare Corp.’s best-selling and genre-defining role-playing game, is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Forgotten Realms® universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), and will transport players back to the embattled city of Neverwinter. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro. Neverwinter Nights 2 will be released for the Windows platform.

Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Neverwinter Nights 2 features a new, extensive single-player game with deep character development and a powerful new toolset that provides players with unprecedented ability to create their own universes, quests and storylines

“Neverwinter Nights 2 has been an incredible game to produce, as we have aimed from the beginning to develop an immersive gaming experience that will satisfy both the RPG and modding communities,” said Feargus Urquhart, Obsidian Entertainment’s CEO. “Now that Neverwinter Nights 2 has gone gold, we are proud to say we are delivering a game that should exceed fans’ expectations.”

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries and features one of the largest and most active fan communities in all of gaming. To date, fans of the franchise, which includes Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide™ and Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark™, have created nearly 4,000 modifications to the original game using the original, award-winning Aurora Toolset. A more robust toolset will be included with the release of Neverwinter Nights 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I was kinda sketchy on the actual day NWN2 was available, as the local BestBuy ad said tmrw, yet websites gamespot and ebgames were splt between shipping today and released today.

Picked up the Limited Edition today, havn't opened the box yet thou....

Hmmm I must be getting old, I don't remember posting this. :blink::)

Someone posing as you post about it maybe? Let me know when your ready to play co-op ;) . B)

Dragon

Hmmm I must be getting old, I don't remember posting this. :blink:  :)

Someone posing as you post about it maybe? Let me know when your ready to play co-op ;) . B)

Dragon

I do believe you are correct, Watson! /me looks at B.Ob.

I got to level 3 yesterday. Can't wait til I can play again. Perhaps tomorrow after my shop closes.

I'm finally opening my doors to the public tomorrow! YAY!

Finally had a chance to sit down and play last night and today for a couple of hours of play and :blink:

it's has the same gameplay as the first but updated rules, graphics, etc.

Oh I'm ready for some co-op play, :)

I have a 3/2 lev Fighter/Wizard moon elf character right now. Working on the graveyards to the east of Fort Locke. I have freed the refugees in the bandit camp but haven't been able to take out everyone in the house yet that wizard messes me up, going to try to lev in the graveyard and head back to see if i can take it out.

Spoiling some of it for us already ellilion. I just got to Fort Locke got one mission from there. I'm thinking about getting the Strat guide for it since who knows how long it'll take to get a good faq up on gamefaqs. :)

Dragon