Figured I would just start a new thread just about the storm. They seemed to be pretty well cleaned up in Hamburg, NY only power not restored as of last night seemed to be houses that the boxes got ripped right off the houses. TW called me back and is able to install my cable/inet next week Thursday. w00t! But Verizon FioS delayed until November 11th, I totally understand though as they have a lot of work to do.

Update:

Talked to Bob yesterday afternoon he was still out of power and was staying with relatives that have a generator. So doubt we will see him on for a bit.

Other then that it is work as usually for me.

Later all!

I didn't lose power for horrible amounts of time. Cable (and vonage) out until the end of the week at the earliest. We got hit, but not terrible. Only a little bit of line damage by us.

Now Harris Hill Rd on the other hand.... DESTROYED. Looked like a torrnado hit.

Now Harris Hill Rd on the other hand.... DESTROYED. Looked like a torrnado hit.

Welcome to my world, my entire street, no, make that neighborhood, looks like WW2 ran through it compliments of Dragon & his troop from Company of Heroes. On Thursday, I really got involved in this when a big tree across the street decided to throw some of its branches into the street. This happened @ the same time a car was driving by, so the car ended up being boxed in by some rather large branches. I threw on my winter gear, grabbed a saw, ran out there, joined the rest of the neighbors who had come out as well & began sawing that poor driver's car out. Eventually we got him out just in time for more branches to fall, blocking off driveways, clogging the streets & almost hitting my car. Luckily for that branch it didn't tag my car, otherwise there would've been a bonfire that night, regardless of how wet the branches were!! Let me tell U, it's quite an experience to hear that constant tearing, ripping sound coming from the trees as they part ways w/ their branches all around U. You are constantly looking up the moment U hear anything close to U to see if U need to dodge a falling limb. Lots of FUN, I highly don't recommend it B)

After about an hour, we finally got things stablized as best as possible. To say that I was exhausted from all that sawing would be an understatement!

How did my backyard hold up during all of this?? Well, let's just say for now that I don't REALLY have much of a backyard anymore.

At least one positive thing happened that night... I ran up to GameStop, one of the few stores to still have power within the Mall, right around closing time & got my pre-order taken care of for the Nintendo Wii B)

-- Nem

got my pre-order taken care of for the Nintendo Wii

-- Nem

Only you would think of such things Nem.

Once we got power back on we helped out a few refuges (aka: bob and company) on Saturday night.

Lost power again last night for about 4 hours.

Our house, amazingly, did not flood. (We've had MANY in the past) Although my mom's and sis-in-law's did flood. I think we have a couple decent pics on the camera that I will post eventually. Getting laundry and other cleaning done have a higher priority currently.

Glad to hear everyone's ok. My mom, dad, and grandmother all lost power. From what I hear everyone's power is back and my mom's the only one w/o cable. No serious dmg that I'm aware of.

Of course I'm in sunny rochesterville so we got a little rain and wind but nothing traumatic.

Power has not dropped since it came up, internet on the other hand has been down more than its been up. Hopefully that will be resolved shortly after everyone gets power back.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people around me that do not have power. But I did see 40+ power trucks and some with trailers with new poles heading into Buffalo on the 90 this morning!! B)

I think Cereal mentioned there was a LAN at RiT this Sat, but unfortunately I have to work.... B)

We lost our power the other night again for about 4 hours. Heard later they had to replace a transformer at a transfer station to get the other 1/2 of the town back up. Unlike ppl in Buffalo I did not go out a start pelting workers with rocksand bottles when this happened though. I have also substained from stealing wires on the ground to sell the copper for $2.50 a lb.

WNY Storm Cleanup Hampered by Unruly Youths and Theft

That is sad to see people lower themselves to such stupidity.....

Hmmm, in New Orleans, they were shooting at a helicopter trying to deliver food. Its a shame these people can't be caught and put away.

Woohoo!!!  I finally got power & internet back @ 5pm today. 

Now what am I supposed to do?!   :D

-- Nem

Now you can lay a gigabit ethernet cord from my house to yours, as our internet has been down the last 2 days... B)

Glad you got power back thou!!! We all know first hand how much that sucks!!!

*Edit* Word from home is our internet came back up.... w00t!! B)

*Edit**Edit* It went back down, TimeWarner says might be down til Tuesday... :(

My uncle's mom still doesn't have power as of yesterday. They were hoping it'll be back on. From what I've heard the only ppl left are the ones that have their power lines running through the back yard, which she is one of. That'll be fun for the crews, can't use the trucks so they'll have to huff it through the yards. B)

Dragon