Q4 v1.3 patch soon

B.Ob.

Upcoming QUAKE 4 1.3 Point Release

"With the upcoming release of the QUAKE 4 1.3 Point Release we’re making great strides in tuning and tweaking the QUAKE 4 multiplayer gaming experience based on feedback from the people playing it the most.

We’re implementing a number of community requested features and actual gameplay changes to QUAKE 4 gameplay which will provide a faster, smoother, and more highly competitive experience that we hope particularly appeals to those playing QUAKE 4 regularly and/or competitively, but also makes the game even more fun for new players. You can expect increased mobility and control, improved performance with ambient lighting options, and weapon alterations that advance playability and challenge competitive players.

We’ve noticed several LAN and competitive events considering what games to use for their future events, and we would encourage players and organizers to give 1.3 a try – we think you’ll like it. We feel these competition friendly changes, coupled with an all-new gametype, a new weapon, and several professionally made maps will extend the life of QUAKE 4 for all players. We’re currently in a small, private beta test of the point release and hope to have it out publicly sometime before QuakeCon."

• 2 weeks later...
The game is down to $19.99 @ EB, so everyone should have a copy!!

Is that DVD SE? Saw that on dells site! You Order?

If U click on "System Requirements", the game shows up as the normal, non-SE, version of Quake4 on CD, not DVD. I placed my order for the DVD SE flavor of Quake 4 @ Dell's site, just $19 plus $1.63 tax, no shipping, couldn't go wrong w/ that!!

-- Nem

The QUAKE 4 1.3 Point Release is now available.

- New gametype - DeadZone

- New multiplayer weapon - Napalm Launcher

- 8 new professionally made maps

- 4 revised maps for additional DeadZone support

Also:

Quake 4: Special DVD Edition $19 shipped

and

Enemy Territory - Quake Wars (Official Site Launched)

Do not think I can set the player count to 32 for LANs for deadzone, then again 8 ppl on a DZ map is a mosh pit.

DeadZone is a brand new team-based multiplayer gametype. Players fight over a limited number of DeadZone artifacts, then race to maintain control of a central scoring zone designated by a scrolling white border. Teams can accumulate points when one or more player from their team is in the DeadZone carrying an artifact. If each team has one or more players in the DeadZone with an artifact at the same time, neither team will gain any points during this stalemate situation. When an artifact is depleted, it returns to its initial spawn location and is available for pick-up. If a player is killed while carrying an artifact, it drops in that location and is again available. The first team to reach the scoring limit wins.

DZ was fun until there were 10 people on the server...plus my Q4 kept crashing to the desktop.

Update PunkBuster as I was having issue with ppl sending odd package requests to the server and moving 2x the speed of other ppl. So I enable PB requirement for client and server requests.

Old Thread about updating PB

I jusrt ran it and there was an update for Q4 in the last week.