Far Cry

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine completed just about the time you posted that last msg, but I was sleeping, and now I'm at work.... :rolleyes: Oh well, at least I won't have to wait when I get home!! B)

Wow... wait... awesome...umm... good god this is sweet! I think this is the first FPS that I can say I'm totally in love with. Yeah, its get a couple little problems with it but what game doesn't especially a demo. I have a couple texture glitches once in awhile but thats just my video card dragging ass.

Beautiful island, smart AI and being told I'm going to have a can of whop-ass opened on me, I'm going to preorder tomorrow! I was going to a couple weeks ago but you know how it is.

"I'm going to shoot you right in the face" B)

Dragon

Butt-Futter!!! At the moment I can't play it. I believe it's a video card issue, possibly the drivers themselves... probably the drivers since Dragon has a similiar card & isn't having any major issues playing it. I do recall seeing a post about this game needing to run on driver ver 3.9 or higher for ATi cards in order to play & silly MESA is still using v3.8 I'll give the newest ver a try after blowing out my OS tonight & then see what happens. ARGGHHHH!!!!!

-- Nem

p.s. -- Where is that damn Jar-Jar Binks when I have the urge to beat the snot out of him!!!! B)

I've actually been able to turn up some of the detail setting. I started with everything set to medium and now half the settings are at high(dare I try very high?). I was going to get fraps running tonight and check the fps on both settings. Cool thing is, now I have 3d grass instead of just a grass texture. B)

Dragon

Hmmm, was a little choppy for me, but I think its time to reboot my machine. The environments certainly look nice and lush!! :P

I just went with autodetect (settings on medium or custom) so far....

*EDIT* Yep, restarting helped me a lot, but its still a tad choppy. Those guys on the gun boat waxed me good! :D Nothing that a new video card and getting back up to 1 Gig of RAM wouldn't cure thou... :lol:

Woohoo!!! I can finally play the game now. My Radeon is crapping out on me so I put back in my gforce2 mx 400 & now I can play it. The radeon is having issues w/ anything opengl related which it didn't before. So the card is officially outta the pc for good. I know it's not a driver issue due to it not even playing serious sam 2 which it used to handle w/o issue & now can't. I tried old & new drivers on it, same result.

That's funny that U got "waxed" by the dudes in the gunboat cause I used the gunboat & waxed them when I 1st played came across it!!! :lol:

The only problem I have with it so far is that when U get it on land, your char doesn't have any means of shoving it back into the water. All he keeps doing is hoping back in again. Bummer.

-- Nem

That's funny that U got "waxed" by the dudes in the gunboat cause I used the gunboat & waxed them when I 1st played came across it!!! :lol:

Yeah, I saw that boat, but figured I could take them on my own....

Woohoo!!! I can finally play the game now. My Radeon is crapping out on me so I put back in my gforce2 mx 400 & now I can play it. The radeon is having issues w/ anything opengl related which it didn't before. So the card is officially outta the pc for good. I know it's not a driver issue due to it not even playing serious sam 2 which it used to handle w/o issue & now can't. I tried old & new drivers on it, same result.

Hmmmm, FarCry is DirectX 9.0b based engine..... :lol:

Hmmmm, FarCry is DirectX 9.0b based engine..... 

Well my friend, what can I say other than my Video Card is still going down the crapper, regardless of farcry being a directx driven game :lol:

I will make sure to point to the Radeon that it shouldn't behave like this, but I don't think much will come of it :D

Perhaps it was aware of the fact that it was getting replaced in March regardless of whether OR not it still worked @ that time.

-- Nem

Well my friend, what can I say other than my Video Card is still going down the crapper

I thought you had a Radeon vid card. Both of mine still work fine.....but I dont run 3 apps while playing a game....hehe. Is it just the one game thats having trouble, or in general? I would try going back a version or 2 on the catalyst drivers. The newest one doesnt seem to have it together. My friend has an ATI Xtasy-9500 but it doesnt like the new drivers. I havent tried them with mine, I loaded them from an older file...maybe 3 months old. If your good, I might email em to ye....nope, that wont work, 22meg. .....I guess your SOL.... B)

Thanx for the idea but I have tried many of the prior versions w/o any luck. This is definitely a hardware issue based on "other" things that are occuring. And Wargasm, when playing a game, I don't run anything else except for the game B)

-- Nem