Far Cry

If you havn't heard of it, you own it to yourself to check out this interview.

"Although Far Cry isn't due out till March next year, its release will be preceeded by a beta test phase that will put the FPS's multiplayer component through its paces. We caught up with Crytek to discover exactly what to expect from this part of the game."

Don't forget the tasty screen-shots at the bottom!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have caught everyones' attention with this game. :)

Since just about everyone knows that I'm not a fan of FPS, unless they've got some really good twists and a good story line, me bragging about this game is a big thing. I've got a damn good feeling about this game. I still haven't heard anything about the beta yet but I have till the 28th to see if I got in. :)

Dragon

Specs of beta if anyone cares to see. :)

1. Beta version description

========================

- Multiplayer only version

- Maps included: Airstrip, Monkey Bay, Radio

- Recommended specs:

o P4 1.7 Ghz

o 512 MB RAM

o GeForce 4 / Radeon 9x00 Pro series based cards or higher (no GeForce 4 MX support)

o 500 MB of free hard disk space

o Windows 2000/XP support only

- Driver requirements:

o DirectX 9.0b must be installed

o Nvidia based cards must have : ForceWare drivers 53.03

o ATI based cards must have: Catalyst drivers 3.9

Dragon

Hmmm... so is this spec sheet trying to tell me that my Radeon 8500 isn't up to snuff for this game? Interesting that I need to be using drivers 3.9 or higher, not to mention geforce requires certain drivers as well. This is kinda like a *nudge* in the direction of "Yo, go out & get as close to a new video card as possible if U wish to truly be able to play this game" sort of thing. Video card companies can really start to make some $$ now if developers start making games that will ONLY work on the newer stuff, not that THEY would ever do something like that :)

-- Nem

Well, I don't know if I showed you the videos from the game Nem at the last lan party, which you can check out here but from the looks of it, its very understandable. I think their just looking to take care of all the bugs in multiplay with this beta anyway.

I'm not surprised to see the GF 4 or 9x00pro cards on the list. I bet some people with GF3s and low 9000 cards could sqeak in there and play the game. I bet you and I could manage to get our cards to run the game decently. The Crytek engine is very efficient, better than anything we've seen so far in my opinion. :)

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
I think we need to build a time machine so we can go forward 10 years to buy a computer....just to not have to worry about it for a while....hehe. 

Now that's the first good reason to build a time machine I've heard in awhile.

In other news, Gamespot.com has updated their preview of Far Cry and it looks like Ubi is set to release a single-player demo on Jan 21, next wednesday.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go crap my pants now. B)

Dragon

In case anyone is wondering, I got my oven mits on the multiplayer. No high textures, medium is as high as you can go and it still looks good. There's two ffa maps and an assult map. Something to try at the next party. B)

Dragon

The official single player demo is available here, but you gotta have bit torrent installed (which is kinda cool itself). I'm over halfway done and will leave my torrent up for the rest of today.