9600xt or 9800se?

Dragon

Stop teasing me damnit! You guys know your teasing Nem if he's looking in on this thread too.

Both of us are getting 9800s. Just a matter of when.

When? When the price drops to something more reasonable like under $200. :)

Dragon

Now the question IS, will the PRICE drop to something more managable by the time that Dragon & I are ready to buy?!?! And thanx for the posts showing some good pricing on the cards, I appreciate it. Now just target the 9800 pro w/ 256mb from this point forward ;)

-- Nem :)

So what is the lowest price we've seen a 256Meg 9800PRO going for? I see newegg has one for $342.00. Even pricewatch.com has $340.00

I still think you guys are smoking something for a $500 card released last spring to go for less than half price. Heck, I bet they sell all they can build at $299.

Ok, maybe I'm a little cranky to be working this New Years Eve night.... I'm just spreading the love... :)

Hey, we can always wish and hope.

You never know what will happen when the new cards come out. Prices could drop like a rock. We'll probably see more XGI cards out on the market and I'm sure that'll help a little in the price department. Especially if they get their driver act together. :)

Dragon