Nintendo Revolution

B.Ob.

Revolution Launch

Nintendo will very likely reveal the official Revolution launch date to the public at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 next May in Los Angeles, but developers have already been given a decidedly narrowed time frame. According to studios we spoke with under the condition of anonymity, Nintendo has told them that Revolution will debut in America "during the week of Thanksgiving 2006."

Revolution Tech Details Emerge

"To be honest, it's not much more powerful than an Xbox. It's like a souped up Xbox," a major third party source revealed to us. "But it's the controller that makes the difference and the controller is really nice."

• 5 weeks later...

It's also slated to sell for less than the Xbox 360 Core system, which retails @ $299...

"January 4, 2006 - Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has all but confirmed that the Nintendo Revolution will be the least costly of the three competing next-generation game systems by stating that the console will retail for less than the Xbox 360 core system which currently retails for $299 in the United States."

-- Nem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Money permitting, I plan on grabbing both the PS3 & Revolution.

-- Nem

Well, thanx to Sony going all INSANE like w/ their current pricepoint of $600 for the PS3, I won't be getting one of those. I will however be getting a Nintendo Wii, especially since it'll be selling anywhere between $200 - $250. The games they have lined up for this system look very sweet, Metroid Prime Corruption, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, just to name a few. I do like that new wireless, motion-sensing contoller they're putting out w/ it, I can see ALOT of cool uses with it in gaming.

As of right now, there's still no official pricetag on it.

-- Nem

Wiimote Not Finalized?

The Wii and its controller may have been the big talk of E3, but recent comments by Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto suggest that what we saw at the show was not the final thing. Speaking with Japan's Famitsu, the Nintendo spokesperson and father of Mario and Zelda said, "We're still debating on the area of how many buttons to use."

• 2 months later...

Today should prove to be an interesting day for Nintendo fans & possible future fans...

Nintendo will be in Germany today for a gaming expo & they are expected to drop the 411 on their new toy, such as the PRICE, release date & the newly update list of games for launch day & the other accessories that will be available for it.

Keep your eyes on this thread as I will update as I get more info.

-- Nem