December's LAN Party Extravaganza

December's LAN Party Extravaganza

Saturday December 6th

starting at 3pm

Desert Combat mod for BF was quite popular at October's, which should have a new version out (.5) by November 7th!! I located the dedicated 1.02 server for Halo, so that will up as well for the coming party!

Also, we have a Classic UT server running at 68.233.33.110 (server.wnygamersclub.com). Enjoy!

I have tables/seats for approx 16, so if you let me know your coming, I'll guarantee you a spot. There will be the usual pop, chips & beer, with pizza and wings to follow.

Feel free to pass this invite along....

151 Ames Ave

Tonawanda, NY 14150

838-5115

Directions: Get off the I-290 at Niagara Falls Blvd (going south)

- take a right at the third light (Glenalby)

- follow this down past the school

- take a left one block past the school, that is Ames

- we are the first house on the left, white house.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zalman

__drool__

I chk'd out the latest lineup for Zalman headphones & was sad to see that the company has "failed" to include a Volume Control device w/ the headphones. They feel that the sound shoud be controlled by the user thru their pc's audio controls. That right there kinda turned me off to them. There's also been alot of "mixed" reviews about this product as well. Don't get me wrong, headphones are great if that's the way U want to go. For now I'll stick w/ my PC speakers & wait to see what else comes down the line for PC headphones.

-- Nem :o

I chk'd out the latest lineup for Zalman headphones & was sad to see that the company has "failed" to include a Volume Control device w/ the headphones. They feel that the sound shoud be controlled by the user thru their pc's audio controls. That right there kinda turned me off to them. There's also been alot of "mixed" reviews about this product as well. Don't get me wrong, headphones are great if that's the way U want to go. For now I'll stick w/ my PC speakers & wait to see what else comes down the line for PC headphones.

-- Nem

You should send them a letter to tell them why they need volume in the headphones...maybe even a 1 liner would do it......"If your wife asks you a question while your playing a game, should you have to back out of the game to access the volume control from Windows?"

fortunately my speakers have the volume control (obviosly) and also a headphone jack. THat solves the problem at my end. Most high end headphones dont have volume controls as far as I know, since they have (in the past) mainly been made for stereo users and recording/concert audio, all of which have readily available volume controls

Interesting points there Wargasm, however, I'm thinking that with the $$ they put into making those headphones to begin with & what they get in return, the inclusion of a simple volume control isn't going to break the bank on them. I could be wrong on this, but I'll gamble this one time that I'm not :o

-- Nem

Yea, mine suck too. I need to get a decent pair.......that means spending more than $10 which I dont think I've done for headphones. It does make a huge difference, good ones wrap around your ears and fill the area with sound. Never seemed important in video games...till I jumped in the ring with Nemesis. The stereo audio becomes important for triangulating where the sound came from, and it loses a lot without the bass. You never get good bass out of cheap headphones. :lol:

I get a headache within an hour with the headphones I use...sux

Power isn't an issue, so your more than welcome to bring like a 2.1 set of speakers to the LAN party!

Well everyone I am sorry that I am not able to attend your shoot'em up lan party because of my curant location(Mosul, Iraq). I do hope you will all have a good time and have a nice stiff drink in my name. I would do it for all of you.

I will have to get back to you all another time for I am off to play the whole shoot'em up thing for real.

talk to you all later