ULi chipset, AGP & PCIe

ULi M1695 PCIe/AGP Socket 939 for Athlon 64

"Just a month after the Computex launch, ULi has provided a Reference Board for their new chipset based on the M1695 coupled with a M1567 South Bridge. This combination is significant because it provides a full x16 PCIe video slot with an AGP 8X slot. ULi tells us that this is a full-performance AGP slot without compromise. We have seen others try to provide AGP support (ECS, Biostar) on a PCIe board by deriving the AGP from PCI, but these solutions were 50 to 60% the performance of a true 8X AGP, negating much of the reason for the AGP slot. This ULi solution, however, is a full-performance AGP 8X, combined with a full-performance x16 PCIe."

• 5 months later...
I have been very intrigued by this board. You can upgrade cheaply & then keep upgrading with this board. It is a shame Nvidia bought ULI.

nVidia bought them?!? Wow, that kinda sucks a lot!!! I was leary of ULi, but they have some good stuff and if they could give good softwware/firmware updates, I might buy one.